Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'd like to fold but right now my GPU isn't under water so I wouldn't want it giving me a headache so I'd be folding with my CPU only. The reason why I want to fold is because it's getting cold in France and since my PC is dead silent when running prime95 I figured I'd heat my room with it. Thing is prime95 doesn't serve any purpose so I'd like to be "useful" and thought about folding (and I've got to admit having a Folding Millionaire badge tempts me, I've heard EVGA's the top team because they actually pay people to fold for them but I'm not interested in their EVGA bucks).

How would I do so ? Is there an up-to-date tutorial on CPU only folding ?

[see "current rig" for information]

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually started there yesterday and chose SMP. Thing is it wouldn't work. For one my [email protected] name's page wouldn't load as it should so I couldn't get my ID and I had the status on "Update_Core" all the time. I tried rebooting, reinstalling but it didn't change anything.
That's when I figured I'd just unistall it all and ask here.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelkevin View Post

For one my [email protected] name's page wouldn't load as it should so I couldn't get my ID...
I don't really understand this.. Did you fold before?

·
Premium Member
5,823 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelkevin View Post

I actually started there yesterday and chose SMP. Thing is it wouldn't work. For one my [email protected] name's page wouldn't load as it should so I couldn't get my ID and I had the status on "Update_Core" all the time. I tried rebooting, reinstalling but it didn't change anything.
That's when I figured I'd just unistall it all and ask here.
Me too. It just sat at Update_Core and wouldn't do anything. I tried to help the team but...
frown.gif
Help please?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.