Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to overclock my FX 5500, but i dont know anything about it, i have a 6600gt, but i gave my FX 5500 to my cousing and he plays counter strike source and hes only hitting 40-50 fps, i wanted to know how to overclock it and if the overall fps would increase by overclocking the card, plz include programs and detailed instructions if possible, cause i am slow!

thx a bunch,

AnaRKy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OH! and if anyone has any other additions too add, tips, or things that may speed up game play, plz let me know thx

AnaRKy

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I'm not sure if you'll see that big a differnce since that crad is pretty much crippled to begin with, but check out the overclocking the GPU sticky in the Graphics Cards - General section

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by anarky

I wanted to overclock my FX 5500, but i dont know anything about it, i have a 6600gt, but i gave my FX 5500 to my cousing and he plays counter strike source and hes only hitting 40-50 fps, i wanted to know how to overclock it and if the overall fps would increase by overclocking the card, plz include programs and detailed instructions if possible, cause i am slow!

thx a bunch,

AnaRKy

40-50fps should be more than enough to play any game. Do a google search for Coolbits, it will tell you how to enable coolbits, and you should be able to overclock it a bit with that.

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
crippled??? lol

i have the 5500 by msi, the 256meg

stock is

270core/290ram

ive oc'ed mine to

290core/435ram

i get 75fps during high action in CSS and ~110 low action

use coolbits

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Damn....inever got my old 5500 that high in mem....musta been to hot in my setup i guess...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigval

crippled??? lol

stock is

270core/290ram

ive oc'ed mine to

290core/435ram

use coolbits

Cool man 75 would be great i am gonna CO mine to your specs do you think that would be a good idea because its the same card and all, and maybe i could get DETAILED instructions cause man i am horrible with all thise stuff!

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
hmm raise it slowly and test
do the core first then the mem. theyre same kinda cards but they all go differently

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.N00bLaR

hmm raise it slowly and test
do the core first then the mem. theyre same kinda cards but they all go differently

ok that sounds resonable? how do i test for messups artifacts things? run a program or just like look at the screen?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.N00bLaR

do you have coolbits?
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download...4b86ca2d571660

Dl that i forget i think just unzip and save it
then when you right clikc on your desktop go to the graphix card anylog then look for frequencies

i was looking for the DL on the internet right now, but now i have it thx, no i havent used it before, first time ever OC'ing my cards, well this isnt my card lol, was my old card, i gave it away, bu im trying to help..

OK so i am DL'ing the extreme g 71.20, do i install and run and this will AUTOmatically set it? or do i need to do something,

and with coolbits does it happen auto, or do i need to adjust soem of this myself, if so tell me how either one (coolbits, and extreme g)

thx a bunch

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you have windows Xp you unzip or open the file and it should say something about adding it to the registry and just click ok and you go into your display setting in the control panel and click on your graphics card tab. For coolbits. I never used Extreme G before. Never even heard of it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic

i vote for the extreme drivers 71.20... don't remember where i got em though. i OC'd my fx 5600's mem from 500 to 590.

WELLLL i installed all this mumbo jumbo the 71.20 files and i installed them and i raised my core/mem mhz up by like 20, and anywhere after that it crashes during game play, also it doesnt increase the fps in the game and that is what i was really concerened with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigvaL
View Post

crippled??? lol

stock is

270core/290ram

ive oc'ed mine to

290core/435ram

use coolbits

I just got my FX 5500 overclocked using Coolbits 2.0 and an updated driver from nVidia (175.19), which puts me now at:
stock:
270core/400mem
to the o/c'd
306core/458mem
maybe mine went higher b/c i'm using an IBM serveRAID x226

Thanks to your post, it made me want to give it a shot!

·
Premium Member
4,011 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnathan
View Post

I just got my FX 5500 overclocked using Coolbits 2.0 and an updated driver from nVidia (175.19), which puts me now at:
stock:
270core/400mem
to the o/c'd
306core/458mem

·
Banned
2,220 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnathan
View Post

stock:
270core/400mem
to the o/c'd
306core/458mem

·
Registered
897 Posts
Don't bring up these threads back, it's completely useless. Unless you actually benefit from it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts