Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. My names Brett and I've known about the site for a long time and always trolled a little bit. I'm on the verge of building the system, Firefly. The MB, processor and Coolmaster heatsink will all be here on Tuesday. Then there's about a four week plan until the build is finished and then I'll hopefully be playing some New Vegas and working on a home network to house my movies, music, and pictures. This is only my second build and I'm pretty damn excited about it. Grabbing two 22" Dell moniors and then next year I'll be getting a third monitor, specifically for gaming along with another 5850 HD. It will take me a bit to save up for those though as my wife and I are expecting our first child, a baby girl, in January!!

Really looking forward to doing a few little customizations to my Antec 1200, an absolutely beautiful case and also getting my cable management in check. On my first build I didn't really pay attention to those things and I wasn't too pleased, not to mention that my first system cost about 1/4th as much as my current build!

If any of you have some cable management or customizations ideas, also critiques of my build as there is still a bit of time to talk some sense into me. I'll be looking for a few people to play some games with too!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good deal! I had read that the bloomfields can run smoothly at 4.2 and I'm looking forward to hitting 4.0. (after much reading of course, lol)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll do that and I'll probably spend a few hours freaking out over the thermal compound lol. That was the most worrisome part of my first build some eight years ago.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I chose it because of it's size and all of the positive reviews it's gotten. If it's not keeping my chip cool enough at least it's a fairly inexpensive fix, lol. Is there a recommendation you would make in the event that it's not doing te job? If this post isn't appropriate for this section I apologize..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thankfully the Antec 1200 case has two additional fan locations that blow on the CPU. I threw you some Rep for the warm welcome and all of the help!

I'll let you know how the cooler does once I have her up and running!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts