Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these windows tablets capable of playing perfectly smooth 1080p Flash Youtube Videos (not html 5).

Just trying to gauge how powerful the tablet is.

Apparently this single vid may not be legit and might've actually ran in html5 mode (see comment)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
You're fine. They will run well enough. These atom quad cores are more powerful than the snapdragon mobile processors, and the snapdragon run them fine, so should this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman27deep View Post

You're fine. They will run well enough. These atom quad cores are more powerful than the snapdragon mobile processors, and the snapdragon run them fine, so should this.
That kinda makes sense..

I was surprised that my N7 2013 ran 1080p flash yt and it looked bonkers good.. then again, not sure if it was in html 5 mode..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubers View Post

That kinda makes sense..

I was surprised that my N7 2013 ran 1080p flash yt and it looked bonkers good.. then again, not sure if it was in html 5 mode..
YT will almost certainly be HTML5.

When i was on 4.3 on my 2013 N7, I used to watch sports streams on my nexus 7 on flash only websites. Sometimes when I got lucky I could find a 720/1080p steam and enjoyed the experience!
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,240 Posts
ummm...the asus t100 resolution is only at 1366 x 768 max...so the video could NOT be playing at 1080P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by soth7676 View Post

ummm...the asus t100 resolution is only at 1366 x 768 max...so the video could NOT be playing at 1080P
It was only to "gauge" the Flash capability and I thought it would still play and process 1080p and downsample to 720p effectively on screen.

Any ideas?
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top