Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The_Flukey
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm trying to get some input on my OC I am working on. I recently picked up a 10900k from silicon lottery that's capable of doing 5ghz all core at under 1.2v. I also got the CPU delidded by them as well.

I'm using a Gigabyte Z590 Aorous Elite AX motherboard - and my cooler is an MSI Coreliquid 360R. I'm currently running 1.42v in the bios (1.4 to 1.41 at idle), using Turbo LLC which vdroops to around 1.356v (+- 10mv), under load. I'm reading voltages using HWiNFO, from sensor VR VOUT.

I have the all-core speed set to 53, cache/ring set to 49 (dunno if I can go higher), and power limits/current limits unlocked.

Temps under full load are around low to mid-70s.

My main concern right now isn't about the overclock, it's my idle voltages being above 1.4 and VID voltages reading around 1.5 to 1.7...as far as I know when overclocking - those can be ignored.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would keep it at 5.0 @1.2V or whatever you were getting, it's a nice result with low temps to go along. Unless you're into e-peen, there's no reason to cram that kind of voltage into it...

·
The_Flukey
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would keep it at 5.0 @1.2V or whatever you were getting, it's a nice result with low temps to go along. Unless you're into e-peen, there's no reason to cram that kind of voltage into it...
You're talking about VID voltages....I set Vcore to 1.425 in the bios, it droops to 1.356 or 1.364 - I do not believe the vid voltages at all. 'cause if it was that high, I am pretty sure my PC would insta crash

I'm now doing per core OC - 5.4 for 3 cores, 5.3 for 6, and 5.2 for all core. Vcore set to 1.41 in bios - cache at 49. Still using turbo LLC.

-
And no... I just enjoy overclocking, getting the most out of my hardware.

·
Totally Tubular
1,644 Posts
You don't need to worry about VID - that is just the voltage that the CPU is requesting.

As to safe Vcore, I've heard overclockers say up to 1.45v should be "safe" according to their standards. This might include some degradation of course, but it shouldn't quickly kill the CPU.

·
The_Flukey
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You don't need to worry about VID - that is just the voltage that the CPU is requesting.

As to safe Vcore, I've heard overclockers say up to 1.45v should be "safe" according to their standards. This might include some degradation of course, but it shouldn't quickly kill the CPU.
So, my underload voltages seem alright? Under full load - it's around 1.36 to 1.35, idle voltages run around 1.4 to 1.41 - pretty much what I have set in the bios

·
Totally Tubular
1,644 Posts
So, my underload voltages seem alright? Under full load - it's around 1.36 to 1.35, idle voltages run around 1.4 to 1.41 - pretty much what I have set in the bios
You said above that you're using VR OUT. What does it list for Vcore at idle and under load? That's the standard to go by in HWiNFO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts