Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
As long as it has the needed PCI connectors you should be okay, no offense, but under load, 650W might be a little shy for 3X ATI 5XXX. Im not sure about about the performance comparison of the 5770 as compared to the 5870 and Id hate to give my opinion based off of other builds with no experience with cards myself, because as Im sure you know that every build handles components differently.

BTW ripjaws are awesome, definitely!

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tagurtoast
View Post

That would make it a bit too expensive and what do you mean by decent RAM?
would this be better http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...ducts_id=12495

you want at least 1600MHz for the ram as that gives a little headroom.

those are better! but really tri fire is worthless go with the single most powerful you can afford to add in. say a 5850

·
Premium Member
3,939 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tagurtoast
View Post

Ok He decided to only go with 2 5770s so we cut back on what we need.

OP updated.

Ok the PSU is bad. Other then that you look fine. An Antec, corsair, or similar solid PSU brand would be a FAR better choice as IIRC Apevia's are not so great.

I know this website will not work for you but these PSU's would be very solid:
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX

(HX line is better and + modular cables from what i hear)
CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX

(and the antec truepower line is very solid)
Antec TruePower New TP-750

·
Premium Member
2,734 Posts
I have never had any trouble with any OCZ PSU's, but you are right about Antec being good. Never used Corsair PSU's so I cant give an opinion on them.

Oh Im sorry I didnt notice that you changed the PSU to Apevia. I agree with that guy^^ that you shouldnt skimp out on the PSU.

EDIT: Although I have never tried Apevia so I cant really discredit them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
if i were you i'd get the 955 because its the same as the 965 just underclocked a little so all you need to do if you get the 955 is just overclock it and you saved 50 bucks!

·
Banned
11,136 Posts
Do Not buy an Apevia Power Supply. You might as well put dynamite in your box close it up and light the fuse. IF you go with 5770 crossfire or tri fire you can get away with 750 watt Corsair or Antec or any other 80 % efficiency rating or higher.

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
I would never trust a Samsung Spinpoint. They are notorious for failure. Get a better band like Western Digital.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts