Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
forget about the quadro, its an overpriced workstation style card. same as the fireGL...unless you are using a program that REQUIRES the use of a workstation, save your money.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Yeah I really wouldn't go with a refurb video card. It'll probably start artifacting in 6months-1year. as another thing, I'm nVidia over Radeon because they don't make **** drivers and the drivers that they make go to more than one OS (yes ATi does cover Linux but there linux drivers really are half the par of there windows drivers, and even those suck.)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSmiley

Yeah I really wouldn't go with a refurb video card. It'll probably start artifacting in 6months-1year. as another thing, I'm nVidia over Radeon because they don't make **** drivers and the drivers that they make go to more than one OS (yes ATi does cover Linux but there linux drivers really are half the par of there windows drivers, and even those suck.)

i hate to say it...but i agree. i was once a great ATI fan. until i bought one... *shrug*

the driver issue is a big one for me. thats one thing that has made me such an nVidia fanboy (and i don't wanna hear anything about. "Your just lazy, all you have to do is download driver X and webpage X heres a link. It'll make your scores outperform gods computer" Whatever.... I messed with those ATI drivers, off all shapes and colors, for three days. Dont like it! Nope, not for me sir. I'd much rather a butt load of hassle free performance than a *really expensive paperweight)

*not all ATIs are paperweights. For sure, the one i bought was. It was a sapphire 9600xt. ~shiver~

·
Registered
137 Posts
.. 1st, Dont buy a refurb'd card... Did you see this...? If it pukes in 2 1/2 weeks your screw'd... And I didnt read the fine-print, but that might include shipping time too...

Quote:

Newegg.com guarantees all Refurbished product for 15 days only.
All Refurbished parts are considered OEM BAREBONE!.

2nd, If you've only ever bought one ATI card that was bad Gate (how many did you say you've owned???) how can you say they're poop...? It could be just a conflict with the MoBo... See it now & again at work, in production/assembly... Especially with the new Aopen 915 MoBo...

*I only say not to buy it cause of the warranty... It's shiet... My 9800se is an RMA, but I bought it at my work. So the factory warranty still applies for me, fringe-benefits...

This is really the first PC I've ever built myself with all brand-new parts, 2nd or 3rd counting used stuff/parents computer... And installing mine was pretty easy... ATI-tool & the softmod (www.techpowerup.com) was all I d/l'd, came with catalyst drivers, sha-blam... 390/315 o/c... works fine 4 me..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts