Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used HP DV2000 Notebook from eBay, and I am having trouble connecting via wireless. I opened hp wireless assistant and tried to setup a wireless network, but get the message wireless is disabled.. how do I enable wireless? I set the wireless switch to on and it lit up blue, but it still tells me wireless is disabled. It is running Windows XP, however the sticker below the keyboard says windows vista, as does the coa sticker underneath. I have purchased a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate (full retail version) and wish to install this. I went to the hp website to find the drivers for when I install windows 7, but the only oprating systems it shows are windows 2000, xp and vista. So now I dont know which drivers I need. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Is there a more precise model number? Like DV2710US or something? That will help us get the exact specifications of your system. Also, Windows Vista drivers commonly work in Windows 7.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmasherBasher View Post
Did you flip the switch on the front of the laptop?
Yes, it lights up blue but y system still says wireless disabled, follow instructions in hp wireless assistant toturn on wireless. but hp wireless assistant gives me no instructions to turn it on

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemonSlice View Post
Is there a more precise model number? Like DV2710US or something? That will help us get the exact specifications of your system. Also, Windows Vista drivers commonly work in Windows 7.
Lemonslice it is a dv2308tx.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts