Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched everywhere on the internet, and very rarely encountered a problem like mine, and never seen a solution. I have an HP Pavilion DV6000 notebook. It has an Nforce motherboard, and an Atheros Wireless adapter. It will connect to the internet wirelessly fine, but will only show an unrecognized network with local access. I managed to get it to work for 2 minutes by manually setting the IP address and DNS.

Wireless: Atheros 5007 802.11 b/g adapter
Wired: Nvidia Nforce networking controller.

I want to avoid replacing the NIC if it's unnecessary.

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
Welcome to owning a DV6000. Have you checked to see if your computer was included in the HP Recall? There was/is a heat issue with the DV6000 series. My wireless and Express-card slot stopped working.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to include that it says my NIC has a MAC address of 00-00-00-00-00-00, so I think that means it stopped functioning.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya it's still under warranty from the store I bought it from, I was just hoping to avoid all the hassle...if HP replaces the battery they better damn well replace the NIC and DVD drive.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even if it's out of warranty they'll still honor the recall won't they?

·
Premium Member
4,947 Posts
If it's part of the recall. Mine wasn't, but still died.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
depends on the serial number. hp does not consider it a recall but a service enhancement. i would call in and have them check you serial number and product number to see if they will fix it at no charge.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The most recent DV6000 with networking issues i've dealt with was a faulty connector on the board. I hope for your sake that it is just the NIC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts