Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I need a bit of help with my laptop. I forced it to shutdown while updating and one of the updates was a Nvidia drivers update (for the Geforce GO6150). After that it wouldnt start up properly anymore unless u force it to shut down and turn it on again quickly. When it did start it would have a black screen at login and nothing would happen (using Vista btw). It wourked in safemode tho. Anyway I did a clean reinstall and same problem exept now after it started up it would boot normally, so I installed the nvidia driver because no games would run without it and then after I rebooted and eventually managed to start it up, deja-vous, dark screen. So I went to safemode, uninstalled the drivers and it worked again.

My question is, how can I make it start up properly again, and work with drivers?
This is the only computer I have while in Romania, and it sucks not being able to play any games!! ;(

oh and this happened a while ago, I've just been using it the way it is. Please ask any questions about it if u need more info or to clear something up

Thx so much

·
Registered
619 Posts
Well I don't have much experience with Nvidia and it's drivers, but I would suggest you go look in the driver archive at Nvidias website, and try to install an older driver, this might work but I'm only guessing.

I'm pretty sure they're done updating for that gpu in their drivers.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drivers downloaded from Nvidia wont work and tell me to download the drivers from manufacturer's website and I dont think HP has older drivers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts