Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Just another nerd
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
2,327 Posts
Five grand for this LCD POS is outrageous. It should really be OLED.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
And if it was OLED it'd be closer to ten grand...

·
:)
11,145 Posts
The HP Omen X Emperium 65 goes on sale in February 2019.
Bit steep with 5k. Hopefully much lower price on sale later.

·
Premium Member
8,467 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Wow $5.6k on amazon. I bet it will drop close to release.

144hz and most likely 4ms on a 65inch monitor. Droolsssssssss

·
mfw
8,640 Posts
Sucks. Amazon doesn't let me pre-order more than 30.

·
Otherworlder
7,506 Posts
Not really a monitor at that size. I wonder what its PPI is ? Sometimes these large display suffer from low PPI making them poor to look at closer up.
roughly the same as 32" FHD TVs, its reasonably decent but with somewhat visible pixels.

·
Overclocker
11,377 Posts
No thanks when there are much cheaper 4k TVs with OLED and some with VRR. Plus HDMI2.1 or DP1.4 full support is the way to go, not locking down customers to Gsync GPUs only with a Gsync board in their TV because Nvidia is too scared to lose 0.001% of their market share and has to lock customers down.

Granted 100Hz+ is still rare on TVs but not for long as that limitation was mostly due to HDMI's slowness and corporations unwilling to switch to DP1.4 on TVs, the endless HDMI vs DP battle and the way they love to segment and split the market, TVs = HDMI, Monitors = DP. Good luck seeing these overpriced TVs from AUO+Nvidia before HDMI 2.1 or DP 1.4 gets implemented on them, everyone has been stalling 4k 100Hz+ simply because of getting data from GPU to the panel... they needed other company to make a new input board that supports the high bandwidth of HDMI2.1 or DP1.4.

·
Not new to overclock.net
1,588 Posts
Imagine your inevitable stuck/dead pixels looking you in the face, the size of a baseball on that PPI

·
Premium Member
6,587 Posts
That price and doesnt even support the better HDR standards or HDMI2.1? Will be outdated when it launches against all the other 4k 120hz HDMI2.1 TVs with DV and HLG and open-standard adaptive sync.

LG OLED with low latency gaming, 4k 120hz, adaptive sync, and good HDR for $3000
or Nvidia "BFG" gaming with LCD panel, 4k 144hz, low latency, gsync only adaptive sync, and crap HDR for $5000

hmm

·
Just another nerd
5,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not really a monitor at that size. I wonder what its PPI is ? Sometimes these large display suffer from low PPI making them poor to look at closer up.
Well, the fact it has a DP input and 144 Hz and G-Sync I think qualifies it as a gaming monitor, regardless of size/PPI. This is not a monitor you're going to sit 2 feet away from. ;) It will give new meaning to the term "computer room". You'll need the whole room. :D

·
I <3 narcissists
6,221 Posts
That is a very unappealing screen at that price. Are there a lot of people interested in a 144hz experience on their couch? Now that I own a 144hz g-sync monitor and have used it for a while I certainly wouldn't pay a bunch of money for those features in my living room.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
1,887 Posts
Five grand for this LCD POS is outrageous. It should really be OLED.
And then it would burn in and require replacement in 6 months. No thanks. Too many static image elements in games for current OLED tech. Not sure if you follow how many burn-in complaints and issues there are with LG OLED TVs, but I can tell you it is a lot. I do agree that the price of this set is outrageous though.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Trash article. They don't have the product in hand so they can't give a hands on impression, and they don't know enough about tech specs to talk specs.
Around back there are three HDMI ports (supporting HDMI 2.0) and one DisplayPort (supported DisplayPort 1.4), that should allow you to benefit from the higher frame rates a PC rig can put out.
HDMI 2.0 supports HDR and 4K, but cannot playback anything higher than 60FPS.
No, HDMI 2.0a was when HDR was introduced
HDMI 2.1 is needed for 4K 120+ FPS.
It's very unlikely this display is still using HDMI 2.0 ports if it's targeting gamers and has a high refresh rate.

I know I'm nitpicking, but if someone's gonna take the time to tell people stuff and people are going to read it, I wish they'd tell them the correct information. The entire selling point of the display is that it has a high refresh rate. That doesn't work if your using an old HDMI 2.0 cable. It's like the author missed the point. The fact that they don't see that means they shouldn't be writing tech articles.

Edit - Just did some research, HDMI 2.0B on this panel. Not even 2.1, seems like a big waist of money for that price.

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
5,968 Posts
The 65" 8k Samsung is the same price and can do 4k 120hz. Maybe more...

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
lmao, for that price it better be 8K microLED

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
And then it would burn in and require replacement in 6 months. No thanks. Too many static image elements in games for current OLED tech. Not sure if you follow how many burn-in complaints and issues there are with LG OLED TVs, but I can tell you it is a lot. I do agree that the price of this set is outrageous though.
granted my OLED monitor is full RGB and i'm a casual user, i haven't had issues with burn-in.

ghosting on the LCD next to it and on my plasma TV is way worse

1 - 20 of 56 Posts