Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed windows 7 onto this machine.. (considering shooting anyone involved with the development of windows 8) and then I realized I cant find any windows 7 drivers for this model o.0

what to do?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
this computer was made after the release of Windows 8, and Windows 7 is likely not supported by the manufacturer.
what is interesting is that there's Ubuntu drivers for you computer, it's always a great time to try something new
thumb.gif

either way you can find out the specific hardware that's giving you problems, and go to the individual manufacturer's website.
manufacturers typically have drivers dating back to XP and beyond.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havnt actually finished the win7 installation so I don't know if ill encounter any problems, I'm worried about connecting to the internet tho? And shouldn't I need the chipset driver?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ep45-ds3l View Post

Win 7 will load generic drivers.. Wifi probably won't work though, you will need a wired connection.
Yeh I cant use my wifi atm.. how do I find the driver for this?

edit: It wont even pick up internet with Ethernet cable plugged in

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Hmm.. You could download speccy or PC wizard or belac advisor and find out you chipset and other hardware, the look at the manufactures sites.

If that doesn't work.. I guess either give win 8 a second chance (my personal recommendation) or pick up a USB wifi card

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Hmm.. You could download speccy or PC wizard or belac advisor and find out you chipset and other hardware, the look at the manufactures sites.

If that doesn't work.. I guess either give win 8 a second chance (my personal recommendation) or pick up a USB wifi card
Stupid me didn't even make a backup of windows 8 and It come pre installed.. and if it didn't work with an Ethernet cable I don't see it working with a USB network adapter?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
The adapter will come with a win7 driver

Also, if you didn't delete the factory restore partition when you installed win7 you can still load that that and restore win8.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe I could try find another laptop with the same inbuilt network card and see if they have any win7 drivers for that =\ not sure if it'd work tho

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

The adapter will come with a win7 driver

Also, if you didn't delete the factory restore partition when you installed win7 you can still load that that and restore win8.
I think I did, not knowing what it is.. I would like to try find a way around having to use an adapter =( but I'm clueless atm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts