Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...my friend has a HP pc....I dont know whats the problem he has a Amd Xp 2800+...his Cpu is a barton....the idle temp is around like 35C but when we are playing games or sumthing it stays around 55c and when its been like 20 min of gameplay the computer just restarted all over again...what could be the problem....all the fans are working on high...even though when we turn it on the HP has a thing that lowers the speed but we bring it back up with Speerfan...what could be the problem.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
It could be software related, or a virus? Try a scan, see what that brings up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by zokus

It could be software related, or a virus? Try a scan, see what that brings up.

could it be cuz of overheating??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
It's possible, tho I don't know why it would because 55 isn't that hot. I don't know what kind of settings there are in a HP's bios, but you could drop in there and see if there is a setting safety feature that shuts down the comp at a certain temp. Also, try cooling it down by getting a new HS or HSF/ or taking the side of the case off and aiming a room fan at it while playing, see if that makes a difference
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Because of what you are describing abou tthe burst of heat and the HP tendancy to be too protective, I think the problem is the auto temp shutdown in the bios.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:


Originally Posted by mfillpot

Because of what you are describing abou tthe burst of heat and the HP tendancy to be too protective, I think the problem is the auto temp shutdown in the bios.

how will the settings look like in the bios?
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Sco0by_568

how will the settings look like in the bios?

It usually reads CPU shutdown temp., but you should consult your user manual for the exact description.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the bios have no shutdown temp thingy mobober and i have no viruse i have rn both spyware nd mcaffe nd it fine....what can i do
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,248 Posts
try the open case, room fan thing and see if it still shuts down while playing games
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the bios have no shutdown temp thingy mobober and i have no viruse i have rn both spyware nd mcaffe nd it fine....what can i do
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahhh its impossible 2 play games! on my friends hp and i wanna help him out ...
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Sco0by_568

ahhh its impossible 2 play games! on my friends hp and i wanna help him out ...

The shutdown temp must be locked, see if he is willing to get a new heatsink, the new HS would decrease the temps which should keep it from shutting down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok...we bought the TR2-M2 For th Cpu and installed it.....still shuting down on me while playing games and i have the fan at full blast...what do i do!?
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Sco0by_568

ok...we bought the TR2-M2 For th Cpu and installed it.....still shuting down on me while playing games and i have the fan at full blast...what do i do!?

This may sound like a stupid question, have you tested your PSU?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:


Originally Posted by mfillpot

This may sound like a stupid question, have you tested your PSU?

tested it in what way?
 

·
Linux Guru
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Sco0by_568

tested it in what way?

Have you tested the rail, or calculated your usage to make sure that you are not exceeding the max output?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:


Originally Posted by mfillpot

Have you tested the rail, or calculated your usage to make sure that you are not exceeding the max output?

yes...this is my friend brand spankin new pc...but it shutsdown when playin games...and i put that HS and everything and i cant figure out the problem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,521 Posts
if its a new PC he needs to not mess with it at all and call HP for tech support and warranty now.

HP comps are not that good IMOP. I purchased one the first of this year and it did the same type of thing. ended up needing every major component replaced. it ended up having warranty work done 3 times in less than 8mos after purchase.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top