Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently Bought the Ht-101 for my 1.8 p4 ....but theres one problem...i install everything correctly(at least i think i do) and when i turn on my pc it does not boot up but when i put the stock cooler it starts.....Can anyone help me

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sco0by_568

I recently Bought the Ht-101 for my 1.8 p4 ....but theres one problem...i install everything correctly(at least i think i do) and when i turn on my pc it does not boot up but when i put the stock cooler it starts.....Can anyone help me

there might be a setting in your bios to detect your cpu fan...

and the new hsf combo prolly uses standard 4 pin molex (connector for power)
just turn off the fan detect setting and try again
the setting should be under PC health settings or something like that

hit DEL to get into your bios after you restart

if there is no setting then tr hooking up a fan to the cpu fan header and see if this works...

Lemme know if this works

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Did you make sure it was seated correctly? Making good contact with the cpu, using a TIM? Thermal Interface Material, such as Arctic Silver 5?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

Did you make sure it was seated correctly? Making good contact with the cpu, using a TIM? Thermal Interface Material, such as Arctic Silver 5?

i used the silver compound it came with and i installed the fan on the side of the heatsink and the fan is working perfectly its just that it wont boot up

·
Registered
840 Posts
Is it just a windows booting problem or it doesn't even make POST? If it doesn't make POST, then it may be that the heatsink is touching the mobo and it is protecting itself against short-circuit. If it doesn't boot, then maybe the wrong drive is selected (?)...
good luck..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack

Is it just a windows booting problem or it doesn't even make POST? If it doesn't make POST, then it may be that the heatsink is touching the mobo and it is protecting itself against short-circuit. If it doesn't boot, then maybe the wrong drive is selected (?)...
good luck..

like my screen goes blank when i power it on nothing come out at all...

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

like my screen goes blank when i power it on nothing come out at all...

So your system is getting power, but no screen? If so, then try re-seating your video card? Maybe the ATX 12v connector was pulled off by mistake?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

So your system is getting power, but no screen? If so, then try re-seating your video card? Maybe the ATX 12v connector was pulled off by mistake?

no everything is fine...then when i take off the heatsink and it there without nuthing i turn it on and it boots up without nothing but when u put it on nothing happpens

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

no everything is fine...then when i take off the heatsink and it there without nuthing i turn it on and it boots up without nothing but when u put it on nothing happpens

You turned the comp on without a heatsink???? That is the number one no-no when it comes to computers. The cpu can die within a matter of seconds.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

You turned the comp on without a heatsink???? That is the number one no-no when it comes to computers. The cpu can die within a matter of seconds.

no but i am talking for a matter of like 5 seconds just to see if the boot screen comes out and i close it back up ....but the thing is when i have the HT-101 on nothing happens at all

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

no but i am talking for a matter of like 5 seconds just to see if the boot screen comes out and i close it back up ....but the thing is when i have the HT-101 on nothing happens at all

So you did turn it on without a heatsink??? If that's the case, your cpu has gone to heaven(most likely). Can you still get it to boot up with the stock heatsink?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

So you did turn it on without a heatsink??? If that's the case, your cpu has gone to heaven(most likely). Can you still get it to boot up with the stock heatsink?

yes..if not i wouldent be typing this....lol

·
Registered
840 Posts
If your screen doesn't work, then I bet your HT-101 is touching the mobo somehow. I know that cause I did it accidentally with an "improvised" southbridge heatsink and the mobo just shut itself off for short circuit protection. You should check that it's not touching the mobo.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack

If your screen doesn't work, then I bet your HT-101 is touching the mobo somehow. I know that cause I did it accidentally with an "improvised" southbridge heatsink and the mobo just shut itself off for short circuit protection. You should check that it's not touching the mobo.

could it be the bracket i have 2 attach in the back of the mobo that is aluminim? i think thats touchin it buh i dunno

·
Registered
840 Posts
Well, do you have that on with your stock heatsink? if not, than that's the problem

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

could it be the bracket i have 2 attach in the back of the mobo that is aluminim? i think thats touchin it buh i dunno

That could very well be the problem, something might be getting grounded, or not grounded. Hmm, this is weird. I guess just try to reinstall the whole thing again. I wish you luck

• Rep+
Reactions: Sco0by_568

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

That could very well be the problem, something might be getting grounded, or not grounded. Hmm, this is weird. I guess just try to reinstall the whole thing again. I wish you luck

i think i know what i can do...maybe if i cussion it a little so there is a bigger gap so the bracket wont touch the mobo maybe that mught help a little..thanks alot guys

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

i think i know what i can do...maybe if i cussion it a little so there is a bigger gap so the bracket wont touch the mobo maybe that mught help a little..thanks alot guys

Yeah, give that a shot. You could also put some small washers between the bracket and the mobo, if the mounting screws are long enough.

• Rep+

·
Registered
840 Posts
just some plastic rings will do. Good luck

• Rep+
1 - 20 of 29 Posts