Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
ive been doing it since ive got my new system. so i dont forsee any issues. i could be completely wrong though.. i actively cool my chipset with soiome arctic 5 as backup/ just make sure u cool it right and u should be good

·
Registered
273 Posts
wow that sucks. get some better cooling or something. put some arctic 5 on there as starters, if that doesnt work get a new cooler with a fan. (arctic 5 that up as well)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sad part is that NO other cooler will fit on it unless i switch my PCI-E card from slot 1 to 2 and i dont know what taht will do..

·
Registered
273 Posts
either do i. just call tech support, ive learned to rely on them for help. they are quite amazing when u talk to the right person

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fredster102

The sad part is that NO other cooler will fit on it unless i switch my PCI-E card from slot 1 to 2 and i dont know what taht will do..

waterblock

/cooling problem

·
Registered
28 Posts
Quote:

My chipset already runs at 70*C though...

Hmmm... I very much doubt your chipset runs at 158F or 70C. If it does it wont last very long. My suggestion is to get some watercooling or a nice big fan in that baby before you melt a hole to China.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it actually does because i took my motherboard back and they couldnt do anything so they called gigabyte and gigabyte actually told them it was normal for it to run that way.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
It can run hot...but I highly disagree with bumping up the voltage to max.

Rule of thumb for ALL voltages on a motherboard: Adjust as necessary, in small steps.

You don't want to run it at 1.4 if it will run just fine on 1.2...(just an example)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i wanna bump it up because when i turn the comp on it resets itself 3 times EVERYTIME before it boots and i have no idea what it is because all the stability tests pass and i can leave it to benchmark for hours

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quote:

i wanna bump it up because when i turn the comp on it resets itself 3 times EVERYTIME before it boots and i have no idea what it is because all the stability tests pass and i can leave it to benchmark for hours

If it does not boot normally.. then it is not stable, IMO

·
Registered
273 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TeezeNeeze

If it does not boot normally.. then it is not stable, IMO

second that

·
Registered
28 Posts
Another reason you don't want to heat or high voltage is that it can potentially cut the life of the processor/board significantly. I really suggest you invest in some better cooling options if you're running that hot.

With the rest thing - it's probably your powersupply. If you're using some cheap piece that came with your case (like me
) it's likely to have some issues.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no i think its the board not the o/c because ive heard alot of ppl with gigabyte get that problem overclocking

1 - 17 of 17 Posts