1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to J & L Custom PC

Construction in progress!

Contact us - 828-788-0821

We provide custom pc builds as well as network and computer repair.

if you look at the site

www.jlcustompc.com

the picture does not display.

anyone able to assist?

·
Registered
793 Posts
You have it linked to your PC.

Upload the image where you uploaded the html page and change this path in your source:

Code:

Code:
[IMG]C:\wamp\www\Logo\JLCustomPC.jpg[/IMG]

should be like... [IMG].\Logo\JLCustomPC.jpg[/IMG]  (if you put it in the directory Logo)

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizuner View Post

You have it linked to your PC.
Upload the image where you uploaded the html page and change this path in your source:

Code:

Code:
[IMG]C:\wamp\www\Logo\JLCustomPC.jpg[/IMG]
should be like... [IMG].\Logo\JLCustomPC.jpg[/IMG]  (if you put it in the directory Logo)
omg ty

WOOT

www.jlcustompc.com

Check it out!

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so say I wanted to add a background and i did

So now i need my logo to be transparent

however when I change to the tiff image it does not display......

what format should i use to make the logo transparent to allow the background image to shine through?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Use Photoshop or other comparable software to save as a transparency-enabled PNG. TIFF is not considered a web-safe graphics format.

Also, the slashes in the img src tag should be forward slashes. Backslashes are customary on Windows, but for web/HTML and Linux forward slashes are more standards-compliant.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If the image is in the same location as the .html/.htm file you can remove the"./" in front the file name. If you don't it will render in chrome and ie but not in firefox:

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfWayCrook View Post

If the image is in the same location as the .html/.htm file you can remove the"./" in front the file name. If you don't it will render in chrome and ie but not in firefox:
Fixed

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Looks the same on Chrome, The links on the left side are there, but there is way to much white space on the right.

You need to increase the width so it takes up more space on the page and also center it.

EDIT: Added Image.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It looks like most of this was made in some WYSIWYG editor which usually is bad practice if you want to make something that will look consistently across browsers. If you follow the html/css tutorial on w3schools you will end up like a page that you are looking for. If you don't want to learn html and css there are some templates you can buy online to use.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts