Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, thanks for taking the time to stop by. I'm thinking about selling my E5300 HTPC build and I'm not quite sure what it's worth complete. There are some valuable individual components but I think that'll leave me with unwanted leftover components. In the end we're just not using it as much as I thought we would and I'm hopeful this little beast will find a nice home.

Intel E5300 Dual-Core 2MB Cache AT80571PG0642ML
ZOTAC GF9300-I-E LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9300 m-ITX
OCZ Platinum 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 1150 (PC2-9200) OCZ2P1150LV4GK
OCZ Agility Series 30GB 2.5" SATA II MLC SSD
SILVERSTONE SG06-B Black Aluminum/SECC Mini-ITX (Custom Black Powder Coat)
SilverStone 450W SST-ST45SF 80 PLUS Bronze SFX PSU
CORSAIR CWCH50-1 HYDRO SERIES H50 Intel/AMD CPU Cooler
120mm X 55mm TFC Triebwerk Radiator Fan
Windows 7 Professional x64

I could sell the OS and SSD by themselves.. Most of us have our own means to get or copies of W7. I have a 320GB WD Black that I could put in place of the SSD. Thoughts? tia.
cheers.gif

* Edit * Added picture of rear and wifi card, changed mobo to GF9300-I-E, and added Triebwerk Fan.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Wow that is a nice little system. If you don't want to go through with the hassle of having to sell individual items, then go for a part out. If you are patient enough then you can sell the whole system. I actually might be interested...

·
Premium Member
32,931 Posts
I might be interested if it were closer to Christmas time. I wouldn't mind if you kept the OS and SSD either, since I'd be loading XBMC on it anyway (would need a drive of some kind though).

I'd say try to sell as a whole first, then part out later.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you both for taking the time to comment and the kind words
. What do you think the market would bare for this HTPC sold complete?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NguyenAdam
View Post

Wow that is a nice little system. If you don't want to go through with the hassle of having to sell individual items, then go for a part out. If you are patient enough then you can sell the whole system. I actually might be interested...

Thanks for the kind words, it is my dream HTPC. The little guy is practically silent with your ear on it, powder coated, and I even got black rivets
. I'd really hate to part it out I just know some people don't like buying pre-built systems. The hardware is more then enough for an HTPC, supports virtualization, and can support a powerful GPU if need be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
View Post

I might be interested if it were closer to Christmas time. I wouldn't mind if you kept the OS and SSD either, since I'd be loading XBMC on it anyway (would need a drive of some kind though).

I'd say try to sell as a whole first, then part out later.

heh, thanks for the compliment, and the input on the SSD+OS. I have a home server so the SSD is/was perfect for me. All the benefits you'd want in an HTPC, small, silent, sips power, and great performance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by twisted5446
View Post

if you were to sell it on OCN id probably try it as a whole first. then part it out. if you were to sell it anywhere else (IE, eBay, craigslist etc...) I would part it out as you would get more by each part than an entire system

Thanks, I always hit the OCN marketplace first, great people, and great experiences thus far. I'll start looking into the individual value of the parts tonight. I just hate going to the post office a million times

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyladouche
View Post

Sell it off as a whole.

Were you looking for appraisal prices as well?

Thanks for your input, yes I'd appreciate an appraisal on the system as a whole.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekon;15360887
Thanks for your input, yes I'd appreciate an appraisal on the system as a whole.
thumb.gif
ttp, Hoping for appraisal of the system complete.

I priced out individual components (less the RAM) but have no idea how to price the system as a whole.
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
I would say you might be able to sell it for $400-$450 to someone who is looking for an HTPC but unable or unwilling to build their own. If it were on OCN, probably a bit less, maybe in the region of $350.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
part it out you will have no problem selling everything, as long as its priced right.
ill take the e5300 if you sell it by parts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi again, I'm selling it this time.. Can I get an estimate on fair value whole or with a 320gb WD BLK 2.5 HDD in place of the SSD. I will most likely be selling it to a friend, if that falls through I expect to part it out on here. TIA.

·
Premium Member
15,255 Posts
Intel E5300 Dual-Core 2MB Cache AT80571PG0642ML - $50
ZOTAC GF9300-I-E LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9300 m-ITX - $60
OCZ Platinum 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 1150 (PC2-9200) OCZ2P1150LV4GK - $80ish but not 100% sure as the model is slightly different in part number
320gb WD BLK 2.5 HDD - $30
SILVERSTONE SG06-B Black Aluminum/SECC Mini-ITX (Custom Black Powder Coat) - $80 not 100% sure
SilverStone 450W SST-ST45SF 80 PLUS Bronze SFX PSU - $35 - $40
CORSAIR CWCH50-1 HYDRO SERIES H50 Intel/AMD CPU Cooler - $40

about $380 not including windows

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubass View Post

Intel E5300 Dual-Core 2MB Cache AT80571PG0642ML - $50
ZOTAC GF9300-I-E LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9300 m-ITX - $60
OCZ Platinum 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 1150 (PC2-9200) OCZ2P1150LV4GK - $80ish but not 100% sure as the model is slightly different in part number
320gb WD BLK 2.5 HDD - $30
SILVERSTONE SG06-B Black Aluminum/SECC Mini-ITX (Custom Black Powder Coat) - $80 not 100% sure
SilverStone 450W SST-ST45SF 80 PLUS Bronze SFX PSU - $35 - $40
CORSAIR CWCH50-1 HYDRO SERIES H50 Intel/AMD CPU Cooler - $40
about $380 not including windows
Wow! Thanks for taking the time to break down each component and estimate their individual value! Your appraisal of each component will help which whatever path I choose. I will most likely attempt to sell it complete on OCN.. It I don't get any bites over the week I'll likely part it out. Thanks again!
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
15,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekon View Post

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to break down each component and estimate their individual value! Your appraisal of each component will help which whatever path I choose. I will most likely attempt to sell it complete on OCN.. It I don't get any bites over the week I'll likely part it out. Thanks again!
thumb.gif
your welcome and goodluck with your sale
smile.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts