Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be making some changes to my HTPC, and I thought it might be fun to bench a variety of possible graphics configurations. I really don't know what benchmarks would be of the most interest to people, though. I don't have a great deal of experience, but I do (or will soon) have the components to test the following:

Radeon HD4550 vs.
780G + HD3470 / HD3450 vs.
790GX + HD3470 / HD3450 vs.
785G + HD3470 / HD3450

That's right, at least 4 configurations and most likely all 7! And I should be able to use the same CPU (Athlon II X2 250) for all tests, though the ram type (but not quantity) will have to vary.

Maybe there's no longer anything of value to be learned by comparing these chipsets, and/or maybe I won't have as much time as I expect to test things out. But, if I do, I honestly am not quite sure where to begin!

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Test some games out! Do you have GRID?? Im so curious to see what you bench at with all those GPUs trying to MAX settings.

EDIT: Lets see some real world tasks like how much multitasking can you do and what kind of loads are you putting on the setups. I can't stress how important it is for people to post what kind of case your components are sitting in because that really determines temps (that and ambient).

As far as the tasks:
-watch tv/record
-watch a bluray on teh side while recording
-try to play a game while recording in the background
-make sure anti-virus is installed and all the normal things that someone would have running in the background.

·
Super Moderator
10,389 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeaceMaker
View Post

Test some games out! Do you have GRID?? Im so curious to see what you bench at with all those GPUs trying to MAX settings.

Also curious about GRID. I would also try some FPS stuff.

Got anything higher than those cards, so you can see the difference between a low-end and high-end card?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts