Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

Do I have to waste $$ to buy ps3/htpc or can I just hook up my regular pc with hdmi to projector in the living room. Then I can use my droid to connect to my pc via remote desktop and browse vids from my sofa? (Maybe get some cheapo wireless keybord)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozon671Games View Post

Guys
Do I have to waste $$ to buy ps3/htpc or can I just hook up my regular pc with hdmi to projector in the living room. Then I can use my droid to connect to my pc via remote desktop and browse vids from my sofa? (Maybe get some cheapo wireless keybord)
Either that or you can use xbmc and use your phone as the remote via wifi. Thats the setup I have and it shares all my music and vids over the network so I can change it without even looking at the screen.
smile.gif

·
13,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozon671Games View Post

Guys

You can definitely use HDMI from your main. this is what I did for my dad. I built him a PC a while back and he was looking for something a little more flexible then the Boxee for his Home Theater, so I ran a 50 ft HDMI from his office to his TV, ran a 10 ft USB to a powered USB hub just outside his office with a good Bluetooth adapter, and got a Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard. Works flawlessly running Windows Media Center on his 60" with 7.1.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts