Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to get my mobo above 330 stably. I've lowered my CPU multiplier to 5x (also tried 7x), raised my vcore to 1.5, and lowered my RAM divider to 133 (also tried 140), I get the blue screen upon bootup @335 or higher.<br />
<br />
I'm kinda thinking it's a PSU problem....but it runs extremely stable at my other settings and my system isn't what you'd call "power hungry"....

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Increase your chipset voltage to 1.6 or 1.7 if you have not done so already. Also have you adjusted your HTT multiplier to 2x when you go above 333MHz. Honestly that should not be an issue being that close to 1000MHz with a 3x HTT multiplier, but it is a place to look. Run at a 9x cpu multiplier to avoid this FSB fiasco if all else fails.<br><br>
BSOD's are most commonly associated with memory, but with those dividers it should be ok. Have you been having issues with your memory lately. You might want to consider running MemTest86 with those settings to see if you error.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>euphoricmix</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">Increase your chipset voltage to 1.6 or 1.7 if you have not done so already. Also have you adjusted your HTT multiplier to 2x when you go above 333MHz. Honestly that should not be an issue being that close to 1000MHz with a 3x HTT multiplier, but it is a place to look. Run at a 9x cpu multiplier to avoid this FSB fiasco if all else fails. <br />
<br />
BSOD's are most commonly associated with memory, but with those dividers it should be ok. Have you been having issues with your memory lately. You might want to consider running MemTest86 with those settings to see if you error.</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>OK, I've tried 1.7 volts...no luck. Just higher chipset temps. I have not tried the 2x HTT multiplier. I'd hate to think that was the problem since I've run it well over 1000 MHz before. As far as 9x multiplier, no go. Oh, I rarely get a BSOD, computer just restarts itself usually.<br />
<br />
My memory ran fine with my San Diego 3700+ at 260 mhz with those exact same timings.....I'm kinda thinking either PSU or memory controller, but I thought these Opty's had good memory controllers. Maybe it just doesen't agree with GSkill. Oh, Memtest 86 works only below 254 Mhz stable.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I would look at your PSU as the culprit as you were thinking. Run OCCT at an overclock you know you have stability at and run only OCCT. Upon completion of a test it will give you some helpful graphs, in particular your PSU rails. The power should be clean and consistent to your system. All of your +voltage rails should be right around were they should be or just below, ie +12v rail/+3.3v rail/ +5v rail.<br />
<br />
One question, do you have the available power connectors connected on your motherboard? 24-pin main power supply, 4 pin molex, FDD power connector and the 4 pin motherboard connector. I am sure you have the 24 pin and the 4 pin motherboard connection, but if you do not have both the 4-pin molex and FDD connections made it will cause stability issues with higher overclocks.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>euphoricmix</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">I would look at your PSU as the culprit as you were thinking. Run OCCT at an overclock you know you have stability at and run only OCCT. Upon completion of a test it will give you some helpful graphs, in particular your PSU rails. The power should be clean and consistent to your system. All of your +voltage rails should be right around were they should be or just below, ie +12v rail/+3.3v rail/ +5v rail.<br />
<br />
One question, do you have the available power connectors connected on your motherboard? 24-pin main power supply, 4 pin molex, FDD power connector and the 4 pin motherboard connector. I am sure you have the 24 pin and the 4 pin motherboard connection, but if you do not have both the 4-pin molex and FDD connections made it will cause stability issues with higher overclocks.</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>I actually just checked that. All voltages are stable: <br />
12V low was 12.41 and high was 12.54 <br />
vcore was 1.42 to 1.44<br />
DRAM was 2.64 to 2.64<br />
Chipset didn't budge from 1.49 <br />
All other voltages look good as well<br />
<br />
These were taken while running P95 for 8 hours. I'm trying to find out how far the log goes back (1 hour, 2 hours, the whole 8 hours, etc.). It's the Motherboard Monitor High/Low log.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts