Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ShakinHips
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
But these types of bodies aren't the smallest relics of the solar system visible from here on Earth. A rare and hard to spot phenomenon called the Zodiacal Light, made from tiny solar system dust particles, can only be sighted under the best conditions. And a good time to view it is coming up soon.
Source

For those astophotographers...Thought this might be of interest to you, i know that the high elevation of flagstaff arizona me going into the desert north of my house will be pretty epic(might just go to the mountain )

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
Ooo youre lucky, I live in a forest surrounded by Light polution lol

Reminds me of when I was young at my Grandfathers place in New Mexico, ther was a rock Fox den at the top of the mountin he lived on and man o man was the night sky something!

I spent a summer there and every night star gazing with his telescope

Unfortunately I doubt I will be able to see this where I am, here you can BARELY with the Naken eye see the Pleiades, looks like a Smudge on your own eyeball lol

·
ShakinHips
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXmike View Post

Ooooo! just in time to try out my new lens!
what lens and body?
My cameras are shipped out to be cleaned and fixed (5d2 shutter button is not working right)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amang View Post

Silly question: can you shoot the stars at night with your DSLR?
Yes. Need a clear night sky though with little to no light pollution.

·
ShakinHips
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With gamma you can in sense shoot it..but negative we are unable to shoot stars with red matter
tongue.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts