Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my sig rig won't boot after i did some cable management.

I just put it on my desk to try it run without the case(CM690), but i have the same problem.

When i want to run it it just spins my gfx fan and fans connected to the motherboard at full speed, but when it should lower the speed and boot, it won't.

I don't get the picture on the display either.It just spind my head round round

What i did:
Tried one stick of RAM,
tried running it without the case,
tried without my wlan pci card.

What are my options?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm gonna say PSU problem, like I do in every other thread where everything spins up, but there's no display. (Just because that's what my problem was when the same thing happened to me.)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cleared CMOS and no change :S

·
Registered
739 Posts
Damn, worth a try lol. Guess I didn't win this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross_uk View Post
re-seat everything? check and re-check all connections again?
I would try this.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by dralb View Post
Did you remember to plug in the GFX card and/or CPU power leads?
Yep, did so.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Put the RAM in slot 1, cause I think you have it slot 4 . . well maybe. Some boards don't like having no RAM in slot 1.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried putting RAM in #1 slot, no difference.
Tried second stick of RAM, no difference.

What would happen if i bend CPU connectors on motherboard while i was putting the CPU out for monthly-tim-cleaning?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just tried running without the cooler no difference.Then tried to juput my CPU cooler on the CPU without mounting it(just lay it down)->no difference

·
Registered
596 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeatluke View Post
What would happen if i bend CPU connectors on motherboard while i was putting the CPU out for monthly-tim-cleaning?

Yikes, that is bad news and probably what you were hoping wasn't the problem. But, at this point I'd say the chip is the culprit.

What exactly got bent and how badly?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Here comes the fun part , completely disassemble and restart over .....insure that all plugs are plugged in tightly(8 pin ?) and re-seat the video card. recheck everything once again. I have even had keyboards that were faulty that would not allow boot.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richenbals View Post
Yikes, that is bad news and probably what you were hoping wasn't the problem. But, at this point I'd say the chip is the culprit.

What exactly got bent and how badly?
I don't see anything which could be bend, i just asked if i would notice anything...
I don't know
everything seems like before...

I was doing like 3-5hours cable management and then put it back in case with outstanding result, which in my case isn't that easy tx750+CM690, and tried to boot, wooooohuuum, no *****.I though some cable is touching the case(that's the primary reason mostly when pc won't boot(post)), now i don't even see a point in touching anything, i desparately want it to BOOT

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Let's start from scratch

8xpin connected,
24xpin connected,

pci-e connected
sata connected,

PSU charging...

>That's it! Isn't it?

What else could it be?