Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was noticing that one of my cards gets quite a bit warmer than the other one, and was wondering if this was normal. Attached is a screenshot after a 60 second Furmark run....
LL

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I see that the fan speed is on auto.

Yes the first card does a lot more work. Also see which card you have physx on. I set to the gpu 2 to take some load off the first card.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are right next to each other yes... Unfortunately I am on a micro board. I believe my case has fairly good airflow. I have a SickleFlow 120mm fan right next to it running 70 cfm.... ?

·
Waiting on New Hardware
4,478 Posts
they're EVGA cards. they have crappy cooling. they're expected to run hot. although at that temp, don't expect ANY overclock at all.
my cards usually gets around 76 on first card and 71 on 2nd card playing crysis on hot summer days. and that's like the maximum spikes. normally they stay under 70.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there any "mod" I can do to decrease the temps?

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole19 View Post
Is there any "mod" I can do to decrease the temps?
100% fan. works every time

·
Registered
238 Posts
I had the same problem with my GTS 250's. I had to move one of the cards to a further slot. To do so, I needed a longer SLI cable...

It makes a huge difference.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Yes the first card does a lot more work. Also see which card you have physx on. I set to the gpu 2 to take some load off the first card.
I'm curious why the first card would be doing 'a lot more work'? What work is it doing that the bottom card isn't doing, exactly?

I had always assumed that the higher temps on the top card were attributable to restricted airflow and/or the presence of a large, very hot card sitting right underneath it, with the heat rising directly into it's fan.

And I can't figure out how which card is set to do physX would matter in Furmark, when it doesn't use physX

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
yes if their sandwich , you can try and swapping them to check if its a card problem

·
Registered
238 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by brettjv
View Post

I'm curious why the first card would be doing 'a lot more work'? What work is it doing that the bottom card isn't doing, exactly?

It could be PhysX or CUDA or something to that affect that will only run on a single GPU and doesn't scale in SLI.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts