Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure enough one of my 5 platter drives is clicking. I'm fairly positive I know which one it is though so I have every intention of replacing it....problem is with what.

I'm looking into a 3tb drive but have no idea what brand name to choose these days.

Seagate I had great experience with in the lower size drives, not so much in the higher.
I'm seeing bad reviews written about Western Digital
And then there's Hitachi, I've had good luck with them in the past however... I have no idea how they are now

So what are your recommendations ocn?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi Black Magix,

I've owned multiple hard drives each from Seagate, Western Digital and Hitachi and in all honesty I've had at least one of them from each brand suffer a catastrophic failure at some point. Hard drive failure is inevitable, it seems.

I would actually recommend getting your next hard drive based on how many years of warranty service you will get. This, at least, will give you some insurance that you will have a hard drive you can use for said years.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145493
Hitachi's 3TB drive has a three year warranty over Western Digital's two year warranty and Seagate's one year warranty. However, I have not had a chance to RMA anything to Hitachi so I cannot provide feedback on that matter.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts