Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well just want asked whats stated on the title HW Labs Black Ice GT Xtreme 560 - Quad 140mm Fans - Black any good or HW Labs Black Ice GTX480 - Black

·
Premium Member
10,928 Posts
my guess that it'd simply be an akward Rad to find fans for... most fans coem in 80/90/120/250 mms 140 might not have the performance class fans like 120mm rads. I'd say get the GTX480...

·
Banned
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right why i'm asking is because now just sorting my kit out hopefuly should get monday

i have got 1 Feser X-Changer QUAD 480 Extreme Performance Radiator also i was going to get another one but sold out now so i must get HW Labs Black Ice GTX480

would you say these are the best two on the market for performance wise

also this is how i will loop everything

1st loop: 4x120 Radiator > Pump/Res > CPU > GPU1 >GPU2>MEM

2nd loop:4X120 Radiator > Pump/Res > SB > NB > Vreg's

also yea there alot of things but you must understand i'm in asia always hot i rather spend that extra cash so everyting is nice and cool then blow something up because its not getting to much cooling i had 9 fans befor and still hot also it's not like its a everyday thing

·
Banned
930 Posts
the HW Labs Black Ice rads are the best rads, in terms of absolute performance. they can dissipate the most heat with higher than 2k RPM fans (roughly 90cfm+)

i like the Feser units simply because they perform better than the Black Ice's at the 1500rpm fan speed i run.

also, on your loop, the SB NB and vreg's don't put out much heat at all. i tried all those on a 360 feser and the loop water was the same temp as the air in. personally, i'd have it all in one loop as you'll get the best performance and lowest temps possible. but if you want to have two separate loops, put the CPU in one loop and the GPU's in another and add the extra stuff to whatever loop(s) you want or make the best tube routing inside your case.

·
Banned
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i'm going to run 9 lol Blacknoise Noiseblocker Multiframe S-Series M12-S2 51.2 CFM thats $206.55 lol also hope i'm okay with 40 foot Tygon R3603 1/2in. ID 5/8in. OD Laboratory Tubing # AAC00036

·
Registered
333 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nicky.82uk View Post
right why i'm asking is because now just sorting my kit out hopefuly should get monday

i have got 1 Feser X-Changer QUAD 480 Extreme Performance Radiator also i was going to get another one but sold out now so i must get HW Labs Black Ice GTX480

would you say these are the best two on the market for performance wise

also this is how i will loop everything

1st loop: 4x120 Radiator > Pump/Res > CPU > GPU1 >GPU2>MEM

2nd loop:4X120 Radiator > Pump/Res > SB > NB > Vreg's

also yea there alot of things but you must understand i'm in asia always hot i rather spend that extra cash so everyting is nice and cool then blow something up because its not getting to much cooling i had 9 fans befor and still hot also it's not like its a everyday thing

i would thik you want the coldest water going through your blocks so why not go pump>rad>blocks>res/pump?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nicky.82uk View Post
rad Pump/Res > CPU > GPU1 >GPU2>MEM> SB > NB > Vreg's Pump? so thats means no secound rad right
Wha?

Loop 1: Pump->480 Rad->CPU Block->Res->Pump
Loop 2: Pump->480 Rad->GPU1 Block->GPU2 Block->Res->Pump

You can throw the Memory, SB, NB, and Volt Regs into either loop, after the cpu or gpu blocks. I'd split them and put two on each loop after the CPU or GPUs, in whichever way looks best.

·
Banned
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by twitch101 View Post
i would thik you want the coldest water going through your blocks so why not go pump>rad>blocks>res/pump?
so whats he on about

·
Banned
930 Posts
he's saying that the pump itself creates heat and if you have the pump right before the blocks, that heat will add to the heat of the blocks before it ever has a chance to cool in the radiator.

in reality, it's a closed loop system and water in the radiator will be the same temp as the water over the CPU block. unless you are running a 600w peltier on the CPU, you will barely notice (if you have sensors hooked up) a difference between the inlet and outlet water temps of your radiator. at most, 1°C.

i'm telling you though, one loop that goes something like this (feel free to mix it up)... res>pump>Rad>CPU>ram>vregs>res>pump>Rad>GPU1>GPU2> nb>sb... will be your bet bet for the coldest temps all around.

·
Registered
333 Posts
^ this guy is good translator
i didnt see you had the stuff to build 2 loops earlier. if it was me i would have it all in one loop though. it seems the easiest.

if you run 2 loops it would be best to pair up the CPU, NB, Vregs and keep your gpus on there own loop because thye make the most heat.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pixie View Post
he's saying that the pump itself creates heat and if you have the pump right before the blocks, that heat will add to the heat of the blocks before it ever has a chance to cool in the radiator.

in reality, it's a closed loop system and water in the radiator will be the same temp as the water over the CPU block. unless you are running a 600w peltier on the CPU, you will barely notice (if you have sensors hooked up) a difference between the inlet and outlet water temps of your radiator. at most, 1°C.

i'm telling you though, one loop that goes something like this (feel free to mix it up)... res>pump>Rad>CPU>ram>vregs>res>pump>Rad>GPU1>GPU2> nb>sb... will be your bet bet for the coldest temps all around.
Pixie
from the way I read your explanation...

You are talking one loop with two rads and two res/pumps right?!
How else would you get (in series) res>pump>Rad >CPU>ram>vregs >res>pump>Rad >GPU1>GPU2>nb>sb...

Could anyone please explain the advantages that one loop with two pumps/rads/rezys has over two seperate loops?

Wouldn't (besides the cost of slightly more tubing/ fittings) 2 seperate loops be better?
Cheers

PS No rep whoring!! tssk tssk!!!
[edit] besides; it was pixie that did the 'splaining & translating NOT twitch

·
Banned
930 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpcCdr
View Post

Pixie
from the way I read your explanation...

You are talking one loop with two rads and two res/pumps right?!
How else would you get (in series) res>pump>Rad >CPU>ram>vregs >res>pump>Rad >GPU1>GPU2>nb>sb...

Could anyone please explain the advantages that one loop with two pumps/rads/rezys has over two seperate loops?

Wouldn't (besides the cost of slightly more tubing/ fittings) 2 seperate loops be better?
Cheers

PS No rep whoring!! tssk tssk!!!
[edit] besides; it was pixie that did the 'splaining & translating NOT twitch

sorry, it was early morning... lil tired. you don't need TWO res' when you have one loop - so scratch that second one out of that loop.

well the advantage in the OP's case is that he has two 480 rads (or will have). given that both rad's are the same, and most likely with the same fans, if he has two separate loops and one loop has more heat dumped into it then the water temps in that loop will be higher than the other.

if you have all the stuff running in one loop, it's going to split the heat evenly between the two rads. more than likely lowering water temperatures.

·
Banned
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
guess what sindewinders got me a Feser X-Changer QUAD 480 Extreme Performance Radiator coming in next weekso now i'm asking if can ship me stright from gemany rather then germany usa thailand would be easy also pixie i going todo what you said anychance of some pictures also save $50

1 - 20 of 32 Posts