Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:
Combining the monster GPU configuratino with a Core i7 3930K at 5.7GHz, the counter stopped at 35210 points. Note that the cards are only clocked at 1.4GHz core frequency - something that makes us believe this man from Detroit has a couple of backups up his sleeve. In any case, this result is now the score to beat. Who takes up that challenge?
Source
hwbot sub

·
Premium Member
20,325 Posts
that there is my next month's mortgage.
redface.gif

·
OG AMD
8,954 Posts
Does not impress me at all. Out-of-reach hardware that only hardware reps can get a hold of or afford.

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwoodz View Post

Does not impress me at all. Out-of-reach hardware that only hardware reps can get a hold of or afford.
What? The only "out-of-reach" bit is the price. He hasn't got anything special there. Anybody can buy the EVGA power board, it just down to fitting it.

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingforlife View Post

What? The only "out-of-reach" bit is the price. He hasn't got anything special there. Anybody can buy the EVGA power board, it just down to fitting it.
I don't see any epower boards in those pics? Looks like normal vmods without making the card a zombie.

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post

I don't see any epower boards in those pics? Looks like normal vmods without making the card a zombie.
Your right. Was thinking of the other one he did
tongue.gif

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingforlife View Post

Gdamn, how many cards did they reserve for him lol?

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daredevil 720 View Post

Are we supposed to be impressed by this? Quad Crossfire 7970s have scored just a tad lower, or at least it seems so. Anyone want to clarify?
hwbot 3dmark11 scores with AMD GPUs have tesselation disabled

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daredevil 720 View Post

Are we supposed to be impressed by this? Quad Crossfire 7970s have scored just a tad lower, or at least it seems so. Anyone want to clarify?
hwbot 3dmark11 scores with AMD GPUs have tesselation disabled
lol, all driver modes are allowed, are you saying Nv have no tricks themselves, lod bizness for years?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

As many as he needs. He is THE most recognized overclocker and this is THE fastest single GPU card. This card isn't cheap for Nvidia, they will be sure to make the biggest splash possible for the enthusiast market.

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

probably as many as he wants lol...
Quote:

lol, all driver modes are allowed, are you saying Nv have no tricks themselves, lod bizness for years?
Well yes but you can specifically disable the tess/lower tess levels from AMD drivers and get quite a big boost. LOD tweaking is more like fine tuning and you need to find the proper values for the card you're benching.

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

probably as many as he wants lol...
Quote:

Well yes but you can specifically disable the tess/lower tess levels from AMD drivers and get quite a big boost. LOD tweaking is more like fine tuning and you need to find the proper values for the card you're benching.
I remember when they were discussing the tessellation way back on hwbot. Finally they said its only fair since Nv guys have been using their driver hacks and getting away with it for years!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Quote:

I remember when they were discussing the tessellation way back on hwbot. Finally they said its only fair since Nv guys have been using their driver hacks and getting away with it for years!
But how much of a boost is it? I thought the GTX Titan was competing with a 690 which is almost the performance of 2 680's, where the 7970 is a bit better than 1 680. Shouldn't the Titan be scoring a lot better?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts