Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Showed up on Youtube and HardwareCanucks

Very cool looking unit, touchscreen is really nice, and it supports 6 fans and is only $10 more than the FC5. Seems like a good buy

Quote:
Lamptron has developed and incredibly powerful fan controller that does just about everything an user needs and wraps it up behind an innovative touch control system. If you are an enthusiast that is serious about temperatures and airflow, you owe it to yourself to check out the Lamptron touch controller.
http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...eo-review.html

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
If only it had a convenient way to monitor all fans at once. Still pretty nice. But the price is indeed a premium.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
pretty cool, but I think the small "buttons" will make the process harder. If the "buttons" were bigger like when the dude slide the bar, then I think that's better. Given the quality, and features, it justifies the cost.

But I prefer using the knobs due to the simplicity.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
It's cool, looks a little hard to navigate. Especially if you have large sausages for fingers. Finally someone came out w/ a touch screen that can actually withstand some high amperage fans like Delta's/San Ace's, and the like.

Unfortunately, it's too little & too late for me. Tech station, and in the near future phase change....I don't need it anymore. I'll just save the 2nd bay for a 2.5" f.f. hotswap backplane. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by j0n3z3y View Post
It's cool, looks a little hard to navigate. Especially if you have large sausages for fingers .
I was very excited about this controller until I saw this vid. My fingers are too big for the damn screen.

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by goodtobeking View Post
Nice, now only if it were 30 bucks. It is worth the money sure, but a little overkill for its job. Should take over OCN like a storm.
No way can a unit like that be that cheap; if it was, Lamptron would probably go out of business for losing money on each unit.

Anyway, looks like touch screens are still too finicky for my taste. But since it's Lamptron's first touch screen unit, perhaps the next one will be better.

·
Registered
9,183 Posts
The color of the lcd was supposed to be white. It looks light blue to me. Well I hope the release of this will drop down the price of the FC5-V2.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
great screen! touch screen is a little finicky but the best touch screen fan controller on the market, and definitely one of the best fan controllers out there

·
Registered
9,183 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Wish they would release a 6-channel version of the FC-5 V2.

·
Registered
9,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ikrin
View Post

Wish they would release a 6-channel version of the FC-5 V2.

I was thinking the same thing today.
FC7 maybe?

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Looks good but I lacks my switches I want D:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts