Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Source

Quote:
The Enermax PRO87+ and MODU87+ are two series of power supplies with 80 Plus Gold certification. The two series are internally identical, and the one difference between them is the use of a modular cabling system on the PRO87+ models. We’ve already reviewed the MODU87+ 700 W power supply, which achieved terrific performance in our tests. Let’s see if the PRO87+ 500 W follows the same steps.
Not really a whole lot to say about this one. Just read and find out for yourself

·
PC Evangelist
46,938 Posts
Though 500W is enough for most 1 GPU system 140$ is too much for 500W. For that much i got my 850W.

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post
Though 500W is enough for most 1 GPU system 140$ is too much for 500W. For that much i got my 850W.
You're paying the Enermax Tax, and then the 80+ Gold Tax.

Though I don't think the price is terrible in comparison to other 80+ Gold 500/550w units.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Quote:
This would give us a maximum theoretical current of 266 A for the whole +12 V bus; if all this current would be pulled from the +12 V outputs, this unit would be able to deliver up to 3,192 W! Of course other parts of this power supply would burn way before we could be even close to this theoretical value. These are the same transistors used in the MODU87+ 700 W.
holy. If someone were to actually make one that works it would probably need its own dedicated circuit
But it says the unit would burn before that would happen

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thedark1337 View Post
holy. If someone were to actually make one that works it would probably need its own dedicated circuit
But it says the unit would burn before that would happen

You could build a PSU that can produce that much power. Though you would hit the power cap on 230v AC assuming 80% efficiency.

·
Registered
261 Posts
i was planning on buying an Enermax Modu87+ 500W before this actually, i know it's good etc but due to how quiet it is. silentpcreview's #1 pick...

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
The SeaSonic X560 is $130:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817151098

I want to see how it compares to the Enermax.
Probably better voltage regulation. Slightly less peak-efficiency, and better -12v ripple suppression.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
i was planning on buying an Enermax Modu87+ 500W before this actually, i know it's good etc but due to how quiet it is. silentpcreview's #1 pick...
Get an X-560 (linked above) or X-650.

Those PSU's will be equally as quiet with better fans. And the fans DO NOT turn on until you hit 20% capacity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts