Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
The corsair HX750 is an EPIC, that right FECKING EPIC PSU.

Reliable, awesome build quality. You won't go wrong with it.

So yes, its a gold./=

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sn0man View Post
It was rated Gold, but designed as to Silver specifications - and thus willingly marketed by Corsair as a 80+ Silver unit.
Its still epic... *as he slow skulks away sad*

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by humbleguy View Post
So its truly a GOLD reate PSU. WOW.
Come to papa.
No.

If it can't hit gold rated efficiency whilst under hot and cold loads, it's not a gold rated PSU.

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Quote:

Well its listed on the official 80Plus site as GOLD. What more do u want??
That doesn't mean anything. If it can't reach gold level efficiency whilst under hot and cold load tests, it doesn't have gold level efficiency.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by meticadpa View Post
That doesn't mean anything. If it can't reach gold level efficiency whilst under hot and cold load tests, it doesn't have gold level efficiency.
According to 80Plus's testing, it is Gold.

Your testing =/= their testing.

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by skarm View Post
According to 80Plus's testing, it is Gold.

Your testing =/= their testing.
JonnyGuru > 80 plus.

They're not always right. Not by a long shot.

There's a few power supplies that are rated at some levels of efficiency that don't manage to hit them whilst under JonnyGuru's load specs.

The Ultra X4 PSU that he reviewed is an example of that.

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
Look, lets stop all this BS about gold and silver. End of the day is that PSU is epic. It'll run anything you want, unless you plan to be running it in the desert or the arctic you'll be groovy.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I agree with Meticadpa, if it cant hit gold through all usage tempratures, then its not Gold rated. Meticadpa is probably one of your best guys to listen to when it comes to PSU's. He influenced my decision and i trusted his opinion, im very happy with my PSU.

Listen to him, hes helping you.

Oh, and Corsair dont have an awesome build quality, just to let you know

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
I beg to differ, Most people will agree that the corsair PSU's are easily one of the best PSU's on the market. Before you start trying to slate me, I did say one of the best.

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post
I beg to differ, Most people will agree that the corsair PSU's are easily one of the best PSU's on the market. Before you start trying to slate me, I did say one of the best.
Then why are their heatsink screws loose?

On pretty much all of their CWT built PSUs, except the TX950 at least.

·
Banned
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

JonnyGuru > 80 plus.

They're not always right. Not by a long shot.

There's a few power supplies that are rated at some levels of efficiency that don't manage to hit them whilst under JonnyGuru's load specs.

The Ultra X4 PSU that he reviewed is an example of that.
I'd rather go with 80Plous.org than some little red nosed geek in here. No offense.

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
Quote:

Then why are their heatsink screws loose?

On pretty much all of their CWT built PSUs, except the TX950 at least.
Yes yes, loose H/S screws, I'm pretty sure thats easily remedied. Nice to see you can quote from your beloved jonnyguru.com

And humbleguy, you're really gonna get slated for being like that. Just so you know.

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Quote:

I'd rather go with 80Plous.org than some little red nosed geek in here. No offense.
Even though I posted a link to a power supply review which said otherwise?

If you don't take that review seriously... well, you're beyond help, and why would you ever post if you're not going to accept hard facts and figures?

Quote:

Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post
Yes yes, loose H/S screws, I'm pretty sure thats easily remedied. Nice to see you can quote from your beloved jonnyguru.com

And humbleguy, you're really gonna get slated for being like that. Just so you know.
Do you have a problem with quoting from Jonnyguru? There's a reason he's such a popular power supply reviewer: he's the best at what he does, and really knows his stuff.

Why would someone quoting from a review be a bad thing? I don't understand it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts