Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to install this thing without the metal clips? I do have the plastic things it came with.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyujmn
View Post

That's..... pretty vague.

Are you talking about the fan mounting? If so, all you need are the plastic mounts.

yea i figured it out it was so annoying. All the instructions had the metal ones.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by oomalikoo
View Post

does anyone know how to install this thing without the metal clips? I do have the plastic things it came with.

The "plastic things" mount on the fan. (On the fan hub side for push) Use the screws (suppled) to mount the "plastic things" on to the fan. Then use the black rubber with sticky tape side ageist the screws , then push the fan onto the sides of the cooler. (The plastic clips will lock into the cooler side valley's).

Good luck!

Looks like you figured it out so never mind

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyujmn
View Post

It's actually not annoying at all. One fan comes with the plastic mounts already attached with the clips on the side. A single glance would be enough to figure out that it mounts that way.

My friend gave me this it wasnt brand new.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi oomaliko, for the mounting of the fans. It should of come with a plastic 'bit' to mount it fans with.

You screw the plastic bracket onto your fan and then you attach it onto heat sink.

If you dont have those brackets, You can just use zipties or something.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
the older ones came with metal fan clips
bottom ones in this pic
2904_14.jpg

put the ends in the fans screw holes, and the flats across the notch in the heatsink

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts