Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is the first time I am posting here so sorry if I get things wrong. I saw no one mentioning about this on OverClock so I decided to post a thread here.

What I want to discuss here is about the HyperGlide mouse feet for Gpro mouse. I have bought 6 mice before and Gpro is personal best so far.
I prefer HyperGlide for every mice I use and the problem is the GPro HyperGlide does not include feet for the center ring around the sensor.

When I first bought HyperGlide for Gpro, I took of the stock center ring feet.
Then I noticed that the circle ledge where you apply the feet around the sensor is sticking out and scratching the mouse pad when I glide the mouse.
The glide felt horrible because of the mouse scratching through the pad every glide.
It did not take long for me to find out I was not supposed to take of the center feet.

So recently I bought some corepad skates to fill in the center ring but this went so bad. HyperGlide and Corepad glide feels different, and the thickness too.The glide felt weird and never got used to it after long time of practice in game.
I mainly play Overwatch so having able to control the glide speed is very important for aiming.

HyperGlide say the 0.85 thickness makes it fine to not have feet for center. But NO. That is SOOOO WRONG
mad.gif

Not only the glide feels bad whether having a different skate on center or not. The thickness of GPro HyperGlide is bad for the sensor too ! It messes with the tracking due to having the sensor further from the surface. Yes most HyperGlide are thick so it might be a big deal but this one is especially thick and it should not be that way.

Anyway, my main argument here is the lack of feets for the center ring.

I think GPro is one of the best gaming mouse out there so I am so dissapointed how HyperGlide was designed for this.
We should commonly notice this issue and not ignore it.
If HyperGlide makers are listenning to the community, Please noticed this issue. If they don't, It will be awesome if more people can talk about this together to let them notice by someway.

Sorry if my English was bad I am Japanese but I did my best. And thank you for reading this.
I hope this thread to grow for the sake of all GPro users and HyperGlide lovers.

p.s.
The brand name written on my GPro is "logicool" because for some reason the Japanese brand name for Logitech is different here. Don't worry it's not a fake one
smile.gif

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I use Corepad for G pro, like them more then Hyperglide, and they include the middle ring
biggrin.gif

Hyperglide seem to be on hiatus or something, their website is kinda dead with updates.
They said G403 feet was after ZA13, that was many months ago. Nothing new updated on their page
biggrin.gif

27 May last update, so yeah. Rip hyperglide :d

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivity View Post

I use Corepad for G pro, like them more then Hyperglide, and they include the middle ring
biggrin.gif

Hyperglide seem to be on hiatus or something, their website is kinda dead with updates.
They said G403 feet was after ZA13, that was many months ago. Nothing new updated on their page
biggrin.gif

27 May last update, so yeah. Rip hyperglide :d
I tried full set corepad too
Although it glide well, the sandy feeling was awkward…Still felt good though! I might have to start getting use to this if HyperGlide is actually dying…
frown.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchzilla View Post

I've never had the center ledge scratch on anything... and I use very textured soft pads.
what mousepad are you using?
I currently use the G-SR-SE. It surely makes scratchy noise and it's like when I put pressure on the mouse the glide brakes in a really bad way…It's probably damaging my expensive G-SR-SE faster rip
When I use the Qck+ with it, still makes scratchy noise that I don't get from other mice but the glide doesn't feel messed up as the G-SR
It's easier to notice the scratch when you use a softer pad (Artisan soft pads, Mionix, Qck heavy,etc)
So far the only pads I can manage to use with this Gpro without center ring feet are Artisan Mid pads and Qck+

·
Registered
444 Posts
I ditched hyperglide. Corepad offer the same 100% pure teflon at the appropriate thickness and include the center ring and have a far better selection of feet for whatever mouse you might have.

I forgot one more thing! Corepads feet in my experience are cut more accurately and their adhesive is better ,its a gel type rather than sheet type on hypers. On both my g pro and my FK1 i had hypers that were slightly oversized so they caused scratching and on the gpros they had part of the adhesive hanng out past the edge of the feet because its a sheet type adhesive

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando Kodiak View Post

I ditched hyperglide. Corepad offer the same 100% pure teflon at the appropriate thickness and include the center ring and have a far better selection of feet for whatever mouse you might have.

I forgot one more thing! Corepads feet in my experience are cut more accurately and their adhesive is better ,its a gel type rather than sheet type on hypers. On both my g pro and my FK1 i had hypers that were slightly oversized so they caused scratching and on the gpros they had part of the adhesive hanng out past the edge of the feet because its a sheet type adhesive
The adhesive might also easily come off as you remove the covering paper, like mine did. They were nice to send a new one though.

First Logitech should fix the buttons before worrying about skates though, thats a far more crucial failure
tongue.gif
Thankfully there's the ventus R, hope its good.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
trying my hardest on Dechanic Control Heavy to get it to scratch the middle feet... nothing. it's 6mm thick and very soft, very textured, feels like it should scratch pretty bad.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hyperglides must be overrated or the ones for G Pro are just trash.

I have the same experience as you. Tried Hyperglides for the first time on my G Pro and it causes tracking issues because the feet are so thick, even after doing surface calibration. Garbage.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
can't say for this mouse, but Hyperglides for the Logitech G9x were also not cut the best nor really tall/ thick enough.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Personally I prefer the thickness on the Hyperglides and while I think they should include a center foot, it's not a huge deal especially for people not using soft pads.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

trying my hardest on Dechanic Control Heavy to get it to scratch the middle feet... nothing. it's 6mm thick and very soft, very textured, feels like it should scratch pretty bad.
I've never used that pad before so it's hard to comment but from my experience the scratching feeling should be significant on smoother pads like G-SR or Qck Limited for example. Probably the scratch creates more friction on smoother surface than rough surface. Atleast for me Qck was usable.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahSlayer View Post

I've never used that pad before so it's hard to comment but from my experience the scratching feeling should be significant on smoother pads like G-SR or Qck Limited for example. Probably the scratch creates more friction on smoother surface than rough surface. Atleast for me Qck was usable.
OK I can get it to happen on a Puretrak Talent actually... but I have to press way harder than I'd normally do when playing. I actually have to press between Mouse1/Mouse2 very hard with my finger.

does this really happen to you while you play? seems very excessively hard!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

OK I can get it to happen on a Puretrak Talent actually... but I have to press way harder than I'd normally do when playing. I actually have to press between Mouse1/Mouse2 very hard with my finger.

does this really happen to you while you play? seems very excessively hard!
It might be because I don't rest my palm on the pad and I do more arm aiming.
So yea I guess I put more pressure on the pad then the others but in games like Overwatch where you rapidly move mouse, it's very difficult to keep low pressure on the mouse tbh (I main tracer so I have to move mouse a lot+tracking aim too)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahSlayer View Post

It might be because I don't rest my palm on the pad and I do more arm aiming.
So yea I guess I put more pressure on the pad then the others but in games like Overwatch where you rapidly move mouse, it's very difficult to keep low pressure on the mouse tbh (I main tracer so I have to move mouse a lot+tracking aim too)
well I had to push and rest a lot of weight on my mouse for it to happen, like the mouse barely moves when I push this hard... I can't even comfortably click the buttons if I put this much weight on it. maybe your Hyperglides are thinner? I can't really see this happening ever in game unless I lean my entire body over the mouse! if I do that, even the ridges on the corner feet touch the pad. afraid of damaging my pad like this
redface.gif

·
Registered
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by umeng2002 View Post

can't say for this mouse, but Hyperglides for the Logitech G9x were also not cut the best nor really tall/ thick enough.
All of the glides I've ever bought from them for my g9x have been slightly too big
biggrin.gif

·
Mouse lover
2,896 Posts
I told him in e-mail that it was a mistake to not include it, I also told him that no matter how much extra producing one would cost the clients who purchase it would be willing to pay any extra 'price' since mouse skates are generally a one time purchase for a product for the products life cycle

He thought if it cost a few extra dollars that nobody would buy them

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

I told him in e-mail that it was a mistake to not include it, I also told him that no matter how much extra producing one would cost the clients who purchase it would be willing to pay any extra 'price' since mouse skates are generally a one time purchase for a product for the products life cycle

He thought if it cost a few extra dollars that nobody would buy them
Nooooo that's wrong !
Since there are more brand selling mouse feets now, Definitely the lack of center ring feet will make people just buy from other brand that include one which has more premium impression!
Besides, I think people who buy from hyperglide are looking for the best so we don't care about extra bucks!
I should contact them too xD

·
Registered
375 Posts
Corepad mousefeet are much, much thicker than Hyperglides, tho. They also have sharp edges.

The last Corepad I bought made my G9x feel like tank. Too thick. The LOD on the G9x is pretty high, so I didn't have any tracking issues, even when stacking the extra glide on top of the other just for fun.

Corepad's glue is also hard to take off the bottom of the mouse. It leaves a very sticky residue on wherever you place it. So, if you take them off, you will probably ruin the mousefeet.

Hyperglides are much better in that department. You can even place them on top of some sticky tape and leave them there for later use, if you want to.

·
OCN is bad civilization
3,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by senileoldman View Post

Corepad mousefeet are much, much thicker than Hyperglides, tho.
No, they are the same thickness (~0.6mm) except IME3.0 and G Pro feet from hyperglide which are thicker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by senileoldman View Post

They also have sharp edges.
That has been fixed for a while now.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts