Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has experience using Hyperglides for IE 3.0 ? I just wanna check if the edges of the feet are curved smoothly, or do they have sorta a "edge" like the hotline or tiger gaming feet. Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfkay View Post

They are okay but I am tired of having to replace mine every 6 months..
Are you playing on plastic? I use QCK exclusively, and i replace mine every 12-18 months sometimes even more, and i play a LOT

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfkay View Post

They are okay but I am tired of having to replace mine every 6 months..
Hyperglide feet are thicker than most feet. That's probably to allow them to round the edges better, which naturally gives the mouse a better glide. If the feet are rounded enough only the center portion of the feet touch the pad until they wear enough that the entire foot makes contact. If other mouse feet were shaped the same way, I think they would perform just like Hyperglide.

I don't see how a cloth pad would wear down thick feet, like the Hyperglides, within 6 months. Did they actually wear down until they were flush with the mouse or did they simply wear flat enough to make the glide feel different?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

Hyperglide feet are thicker than most feet. That's probably to allow them to round the edges better, which naturally gives the mouse a better glide. If the feet are rounded enough only the center portion of the feet touch the pad until they wear enough that the entire foot makes contact. If other mouse feet were shaped the same way, I think they would perform just like Hyperglide.

I don't see how a cloth pad would wear down thick feet, like the Hyperglides, within 6 months. Did they actually wear down until they were flush with the mouse or did they simply wear flat enough to make the glide feel different?
They wear down to a very flat level where my g400/mx518 hybrid's bottom will start touching the mousepad excessively. Basically they will completely flatten down into almost nothingness.
I mean, its just like 1mm after all for these particular ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts