Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I just received a new mobo (should be in specs cant remember name), and an AMD Phenom II X4 955. Also, I have a new, RMAd XFX Black Edition 750W psu. So after I received my psu I installed it and turned my computer on. After I turned it off, I tried to turn it on again but it wouldnt. I had to turn the switch on the psu off for a good minute, then put it back on for it to work again. Now that worked for a while but it scares me a bit.... So now every time I turn the computer on from a cold boot, it loads windows but then I get the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH!!!! It then restarts and shows an error stating a Hypertransport flood error!!! After the restart it never seems to happen till next boot. Now I have an OC so I took it off but it was still happening. Can it be (A) PSU or (B) Bad Ram or (C) CPU (which i dont think so since it has been through all the Prime in the world with no fail and gaming everyday with no failing).

PS. The other PSU stopped turning my comp on too. I thought it was dead but I guess it might be a defective line of PSUs??? My Quattro 850W still works fine in this comp.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
I had this problem and my solution was I didnt have both 4pins connected on the top of the mobo. felt like a dummy.

Its voltage related if the 4/8 pin doesnt fix it.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
this use to happen to me when i had my 955 and gd70 board and it meant you have a unstable OC. So check your OC.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnathon895 View Post
Well my mobo only needs the 4 pin so i am good on that. Voltage as in the bios??? Update them then?
Right now I am at 3.6ghz with 1.4V which in Prime95 was perfect.......HT voltage then??
Yeah, your good on that if you dont OC. Also my Crosshair IV only needs 4 pin, but I connected the 8 pin just to make sure that I dont have any voltage drop due to the cable resistance.

This thing happened to me(MSI 790FX-GD70 mobo), and if I remember correctly, you need to raise your CPU/NB voltage.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by IOSEFINI View Post
Yeah, your good on that if you dont OC. Also my Crosshair IV only needs 4 pin, but I connected the 8 pin just to make sure that I dont have any voltage drop due to the cable resistance.

This thing happened to me(MSI 790FX-GD70 mobo), and if I remember correctly, you need to raise your CPU/NB voltage.
Raise it by how much???

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Quote:

Raise it by how much???
Depends on your CPU/NB Frequency. Also you can raise your RAM voltage 1 notch. CPU/NB and RAM are working together

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Just curious, are you using the Thermaltake CPU block? If yes, just open the window and throw it as far as you can.
. I have it, but replaced it with Heatkiller 3.0. HUGE, I mean GIGANTIC, improvement
That chip hits 4+ GHz easily( if it is 955 c3)
Also if you dont mind, CPU freq and voltage CPU/NB freq and voltage, memory freq, timings and voltage,

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Quote:

Well I believe I finally solved it, IF ANYBODY IS READING!!!! I bumped up the CPU V to about 1.44 and now it is great!!!
Glad to hear, its a real pain isnt it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts