Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New mouse from HyperX. Buttons seem to be quite crispy and shape is good for me so I probably will try it out.

Here is review:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Another hole infused release to sweep under the rug.

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,585 Posts
The dead look in his eyes...
Yeah, that's what happens when you keep earning a living promoting Garbage destined for Land Fill, all around this unfortunate Planet.

At least the holes help provide a home for worms and underground insects to breed in (y) .

·
Registered
607 Posts
looks same like Steelseries honeycombs, and many others lol, i'll just stay with the cheapest 19.99 price honeycomb, and don't look further for clones..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Someone fill me in on why everyone here seems to hate honeycomb mice these days? Last time I was on here they were all the rage and folks were drilling holes into their Zowies.
They're a lazy method of reducing weight. The actual weight loss from external honeycombing is minimal and it gathers dirt or is uncomfortable for many. Mice like the MM710 had **** for brain designers who made the holes massive (though that mouse was a failure on more than one count).
Other companies (Roccat,Razer,Logitech) have already proven you can achieve low weight without external holes, it's mostly just a cop out. I guess if you want to achieve absolute low weight sure but I'd rather have no holes on my hand and weigh 3g more than have a honeycomb design on my metacarpal joints

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Someone fill me in on why everyone here seems to hate honeycomb mice these days? Last time I was on here they were all the rage and folks were drilling holes into their Zowies.
Don't think that was here.

Hole drilling, I remember my first encounter goes way back to the mid 00s on ESR, and it was always a harsh way of getting a low weight. Nobody really championed the idea as opposed to buying mice that were already low weight (ex. WMO, Kinzu) or could easily get there (ex. G100S) with simple modding.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't see what's so inherently bad about holey designs as long as they don't have holes where your thumb rests on the left and ringfinger/pinky on the right. Those get discomforting, like when I tried the one finalmouse that was built like that. The glorious Model 0 is completely comfortable to me as where your fingers rest it is solid. I have an Endgame XM1 en route to me from Newegg now so I am totally not beholden to holes to be lightweight, but I fail to see why that's an instant negative either.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some people dislike holes but are ok with mushy buttons. That's pretty mind-boggling.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
For me personally, I'm not a weight snob who needs something lightweight and immediately wants to buy the next re-logo'd clone. I prefer the uniform feeling of a non-hole mouse in my hand when I grip. Lastly, the mice don't offer me anything substantial over what I already have.

Actual usability reasons over something like aesthetics. Though on their own, they are pretty ugly in my opinion. I'd rather have a spaceship design.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts