Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Xigmatek HDT-S963

It has been the cooler ive been drooling since it came out.
A week ago, I bought it from a member here with the retention bracket and a panaflo fan.

Same day it came home, was installed and took my e2160 from 1.8ghz to 3.2ghz = 78% Overclock

The HDT-S963 came with a 92mm 68.8CFM Panaflo Fan

Temps have been acceptable.
I tought i was gonna see 69C when i overclocked.. But NO!
Have a look at these maan:

IDLE

LOAD

Load temps have never passed 60C

im happy with the cooler

EDIT:
Moar pics. 3/14/09

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by j0z3
View Post

Thats the spirit.
I payed $15 for all of this.

I love how 3 days after I bought my 1283 and it went down to 15 with the rebate but what ever. It was well worth it. Beats the pants off my Zalman 9700.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Are you sure those temps are correct? What's your TJ max set to in HWmonitor? The reason I ask is because I had the OCZ version which is a tad bit better than the Xig on a e2140 w 1.4v and those temps seem about 10c too low, unless you have a really cold room.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by anyhtinggoes View Post
Are you sure those temps are correct? What's your TJ max set to in HWmonitor? The reason I ask is because I had the OCZ version which is a tad bit better than the Xig on a e2140 w 1.4v and those temps seem about 10c too low, unless you have a really cold room.
85 Tjunction i beleive..
In coretemp i have 85 Tjunction, and it get same temps as HWmonitor.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by j0z3 View Post
85 Tjunction i beleive..
In coretemp i have 85 Tjunction, and it get same temps as HWmonitor.
Hmmm, what stepping is your chip? I just find it hard to believe you get better temps with a 92mm Xig than its 120mm counterpart. Another thing that strikes me as odd is your core 0 at idle is 23c. Is your room like 15c?

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
When I was on air with my zalman 9500at my idle was around 22C, my ambient is around 12C right now though, I keep my window open with my computer right next to it though, now I have idle's right around 13C, gotta love water

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by anyhtinggoes View Post
Hmmm, what stepping is your chip? I just find it hard to believe you get better temps with a 92mm Xig than its 120mm counterpart. Another thing that strikes me as odd is your core 0 at idle is 23c. Is your room like 15c?
m0 stepping it is. room temp is at 17c. AC on

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sLowEnd View Post
lol I have the same cooler

It's very quiet and gives me ok temps (Since I keep fan speeds rather low)

Mounting it was a pain though
Indeed; those plastic screws that don't screw gave me hell. I also never figured out how that spoiler sits safely

And yes, set at low speed it's very silent but stays cool as well

1 - 16 of 16 Posts