Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
15,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I found out last weekend what my highest possible overclock is on my 3700, 2.95 with 1.65 vcore. Specs to follow:
2-2-2-5 Timings, I can do CAS 1.5, but apparently there's a performance hit associated with 1.5?
Vcore 1.65, Vdimm 3.5, Vchipset 1.6, LDT 1.2.

I'm able to do 3.0 ghz, 300*10, but it's not stable. I started to bump up the vcore, and in OCCT, I noticed that as vcore increased, the test failed closer to finishing, so I concluded that as I juiced it up more, stability did increase, but I was running 1.75 vcore before I backed off at 295*10 at 1.65 vcore, where I'm comfortable. Is there another route I should take besides trying to juice it up, or is this the limit of the chip?

· Premium Member
15,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm certain that it's my CPU because my RAM will run up to 260 mhz at 1.5-2-2-5, and I'm on a divider which slows it down to 245.

· Premium Member
15,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dunno, there are different steppings that might overclock better than others, yours was a good one probably.

· Premium Member
15,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, I'm gonna have a lot of time tonight to fiddle with settings. I'm going to find the max HTT that my motherboard is able to handle, and I'll report back.

· Premium Member
15,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Max HTT is 380...

Anyway, couldn't do it, no matter what combination I tried. Tomorrow, I'm going to try 328*9 with a 166 divider in an attempt to bring my RAM up to its max speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.