Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! well, here its my first post, and i thinking in create one to share all ours first computer.

Mine was a...........CZ Spectrum Plus.... top line from company Tadeo Czerweny manufactured in Paraná (Entre Rios, Argentina) in the year 1986 and competes directly with the ZX Spectrum+...ahhhh remembers!!!

The programs and games come in cassette, and u write in command line: load "" (Enter), and play the cassette, the games loads in 30sec to 50sec depend on game, and u can use a joystik that sell apart (jejej)

Here some data: http://www.taringa.net/posts/info/3208579/Tadeo-Czerweny---computadoras-CZ.html

And for u if have the valenty to go back and enjoy this video games, enter http://www.worldofspectrum.org , emulators for windows, programs, and 10000+ games.

P.D.: i go to the attic to find it and take some pictures to share.

·
Banned
6,632 Posts
I am not as old as you so my first computer was more advanced than yours by quite a bit.
tongue.gif

This was my very first and very own computer which my father gifted to me, I remember playing on it games like Caesar III, Simcity 2000, Age of Empires and WarCraft II.

iBook

VscYLKI.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Banned
6,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Tzu View Post

Age of Empires!!! the king of real time strategy, the saga Warcraft start with CZ, XD http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0013121
Yeah Age of Empires and WarCraft are still one of the best real time strategy games in my opinion. I have never played WarCraft Orcs and Humans but I have seen some footage, that is when the legendary era of WarCraft began. Such a shame it turned into an MMO
mad.gif

Concerning Age of Empires, they did a great job with the remastered HD edition of AOE 2 and I am waiting for a AOE1 HD remaster as well. I just have to play this game again and massacre everybody with my fully upgraded phalanx
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
My first PC was a 33mhz 486 and then later on a 66mhz 486.

The first PC i build was a Pentium with MMX at a staggering 200mhz.
It had 256MB RAM, a onboard AGP graphics card and a AGP graphics slot.
Sound like nothing but it was a beast back then lol

Build it to play MDK
smile.gif

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
My first computer, or, my dad's computer at the time: a Ti-99/4a. Didn't upgrade 'til 386
redface.gif
My first non-family computer was a PowerBook G4, although I made my dad invest in a PIII over PII.

·
Registered
256 Posts
First ever computer was a good old speccy, I used to buy all the magazines with "write your own game" tutorials but could never get any of them to compile, to this day coding is still the only area of computing that completely baffles me.

I was a huge commodore Amiga fan back in the day, owned a couple 500's, 500+, 600, 1200, and even the CD32.

Didn't get into x86 computing until Pentium II 266, from there (after a few Voodoo graphics upgrades) to a P4 (2Ghz) that had serious over heating issues, and then various AMD builds until finally going back to intel with the i5-4690k I bought yesterday.

I like these nostalgic threads lol!

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
My first computer was a Commodore Plus 4 my ex and I got as an incentive for attending a time share seminar. That was quickly followed by a C64c.

·
Folding Fanatic
1,494 Posts
I had a Packard Bell 286 in the early 90's, it was good enough to play Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, the sound effects from the pc speaker left a bit to be desired though! I was young, I decided to decorate the case with refrigerator magnets, sadly the HDD didn't like that.
frown.gif

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
My FIRST FIRST computer was a Dell P4 256mb of RAM.The first REAL computer I had was a 5400+ brisbane, 570i board, an HD 3850, a whopping 2GB of RAM, and a 320GB HDD. I built it because my dad wouldn't get me a PS3 so I had to game somehow. Little did he know that he just got me hooked on a very expensive hobby.

·
Amiga 500
3,680 Posts
My first computer was an Amiga 500, and I frickin' loved it...

Now that I think about it,it has to be somewhere in my storage room...
Maybe I should try to find it and see if it's still working
upsidedwnsmiley.gif

·
Registered
911 Posts
The first PC I ever had was a 386 DX 40 back in the early 90s, I was about 10 years old and quickly decided to take it apart and put it back together.
My first upgrade was a soundblaster multimedia kit with an 8x CD-ROM, soundcard, speakers and mic.
After that, I had:

- Pentium 100.
- Pentium II 233 mmx.
- AMD k6-2 500.
- Pentium III 800.
- Pentium 4 1.8ghz.
- Pentium 4 3.0 ghz HT
- Pentium D 820
- Core i7 920
and now my i7 3930K

Also, this was the first 3d video card I owned:

Man... I was so pumped when I got it for my birthday.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Tandy 1000EX

This is about the closest I can get to a photo of my first computer, which was a prototype made by Sony that never made it to production.
It only displayed 1 color: green.
And mostly what I remember are the HP 9845 games that came along with:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts