Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of trying Speedfan out to check the temp inside my Dell Dimension 8250. I was wondering if there would be anything I need to set up manually in it? I just had to replace my hard drive after 3 years and I am wondering if it had to do with the tempature inside the case. Now I am paranoid about this new hard drive I put in. I hope it atleast lasts me another 3 years LOL. I don't screw up my system with this software so if anyone could tell me what to do I would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
455 Posts
its pretty simple, there are sensors already in the program, just find out which one is your cpu temperature, then select it as an icon, and u can watch it.

motherboard monitor 5 is a bit more complicated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am really not sure how my previous hard drive failed like it did. Do you think overheating could have been the problem and what should I do to prevent this one from becoming toast?

Quote:

Originally Posted by u.c.i.n.e.x.

its pretty simple, there are sensors already in the program, just find out which one is your cpu temperature, then select it as an icon, and u can watch it.

motherboard monitor 5 is a bit more complicated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just downloaded Speedfan. The only reading it is giving me is the HDO. Which is 97 degrees Farenheit. Is that a normal reading or is it too high? Also how do I make it show the fan speed and voltage and stuff?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT74

I am really not sure how my previous hard drive failed like it did. Do you think overheating could have been the problem and what should I do to prevent this one from becoming toast?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts