Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently bought a new Gigabyte Windforce 7950, and installed the latest ATI drivers (12.9 Beta). Can someone explain to me what the setting do under "gaming", I want to get the best out of my GPU on each game. Also what would be a good benchmark tool to check that it works as advertised?
biggrin.gif

Thanks!
smile.gif

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,829 Posts
FurMark or Unigine Heaven to bench and under gaming would be your video settings. I usually leave those alone as I set-up the visuals in game. Hope you have a great card!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Furmark is not needed. It's a heat generator, not really a stress generator. I use GPUtool to quickly check for artifacts when finding initial limits. Then I used 3dmark11 and Heaven to confirm stability. Although 3dmark11 is a synthetic benchmark, it's a nice ballpark to check relative performance increase while overclocking.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMG8GT View Post

Furmark is not needed. It's a heat generator, not really a stress generator. I use GPUtool to quickly check for artifacts when finding initial limits. Then I used 3dmark11 and Heaven to confirm stability. Although 3dmark11 is a synthetic benchmark, it's a nice ballpark to check relative performance increase while overclocking.
What the options under "gaming" shouldn't they affect how the game looks and performs? (aside from profiles)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.