Overclock.net banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
I bought a finished one rather than building mine
The XL case with an NH-D15 an MSI RTX Gaming X Trio GPU and 5 hard drives is heavy as hell much more than your small and light system

Btw, I love the case you recommended. I don't think I've had any Fractal cases in the past. Very slick and easy to work with.

Except I had to watch a video to figure out how to take off the side panels...

·
Senior OCN Member
40,950 Posts
Btw, I love the case you recommended. I don't think I've had any Fractal cases in the past. Very slick and easy to work with.

Except I had to watch a video to figure out how to take off the side panels...
After the Phanteks 719 turned out to be the worst case i have ever bought and a total trainwreck i had to find something to replace it and other than the Define 7 XL there was nothing on the market that could do everthing i wanted and have space for everything so while i have always dismissed Fractal cases as being super boring i came to the conclusion that i would rather have a boring but good case rather than a super crappy piece of feces that looks good

This was months before the Meshify 2 came out by the way so that was not an option at that time but i bought a Meshify 2 XL for my second system when it came out because of how good the Define 7 XL turned out to be and the fact that i am too lazy too switch drive trays every time i need to move a hard drive from one system to other its far easier to have two systems using the same trays so i can just move drives around

I watched every video on the Define 7 and 7 XL i could find before i bought it to prevent buying another trainwreck case like the 719 so i knew everything about it before i got my hands on it so stuff like taking off the side panels and switching from the open layout to the storage layout i knew how to do

This is my X570 system in the Define 7 XL
DSCN4451.JPG
This is the older X99 system in the Meshify 2 XL
DSCN4415.JPG
Both are my first Fractal cases

• Rep+
Reactions: Robilar

·
Premium Member
20,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
I was very impressed with the layout and build quality. plus it fit the 360 galahad easily. It's actually not that big a case but its layout works perfectly.

·
Premium Member
20,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Dell monitor arriving today.. finally get to start using the system.

·
Premium Member
20,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Finally got everything (except waiting for headphones).

Need to do some desktop wire management and load a bunch of programs

Monitor has zero dead, stuck or bright pixels... :)

·
Premium Member
20,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Wire management complete for now. Time to start slogging through program reloads and then overclocking.

·
Premium Member
20,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·

Can't be bothered to load Aura Creator software to change the RGB color on the motherboard, RAM and GPU. A fresh installed means I have no Armory software or Asus bloatware which is nice.

I have to say, I really like the Dell monitor.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts