Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

After selling my previous rig i purchased new parts and some of them arrived today. I did not purchase from a 3rd party seller or a used product, i purchased everything from Amazon. But i just had my biggest surprise today. Brown amazon box that had my parts in it wasn't open, it was sealed. Everything looked in good condition but when i opened the motherboard box i realized that something was wrong. Then i looked closely and i saw that motherboard wasn't a Formula but a Hero.

How is this possible and what can i do ? Did anyone else experience something like this ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihaan View Post

Hello

After selling my previous rig i purchased new parts and some of them arrived today. I did not purchase from a 3rd party seller or a used product, i purchased everything from Amazon. But i just had my biggest surprise today. Brown amazon box that had my parts in it wasn't open, it was sealed. Everything looked in good condition but when i opened the motherboard box i realized that something was wrong. Then i looked closely and i saw that motherboard wasn't a Formula but a Hero.

How is this possible and what can i do ? Did anyone else experience something like this ?
Send it back to Amazon? Amazon has the best customer service in the industry and will replace it ASAP at their cost. Don't see what the problem is.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,997 Posts
Amazon is great with returns, but it still doesn't change the fact that you've now got to wait even longer to get the product that you ordered. Try and get them to throw in a few months of free prime membership for your troubles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWizardMan View Post

Send it back to Amazon? Amazon has the best customer service in the industry and will replace it ASAP at their cost. Don't see what the problem is.
this. OP you realize mistakes happen right? no need to get recreationally outraged
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,193 Posts
Was the box for the formula or the hero? Twice with Amazon I have gotten items that had the correct box for the order but the wrong item in the box, clearly it was a form of theft.
 

·
Still here...
Joined
·
3,842 Posts
I ordered a 6"x4"x3/4" steel plate via Amazon last week that should have weighed six pounds, but on the arrival of the package which reflected six pounds weight, I got maybe an eight ounce, cheap copy of the Birdman movie dvd. Took pix, filed a return/refund request, UPS came by with a prepaid label the next day, and everything was taken care of:



Figure it was a mistake (a pretty stupid one at that), but I don't think it was a matter of anyone wanting my steel plate enough to have done something illicit to get it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman2733 View Post

Was the box for the formula or the hero? Twice with Amazon I have gotten items that had the correct box for the order but the wrong item in the box, clearly it was a form of theft.
Others missed this point i guess. Exactly...

BOX was perfectly fine it says formula but it has a HERO motherboard in it. Thats why it pissed me off. Not to mention extra waiting time now especially when it is an international order...

I am just curious how can this happen ? So does this mean that someone bought a formula from amazon and then that **** returned their ****ty hero motherboard to amazon and then amazon sold me a returned, used product ? Don't they even check what they receive ? and are they allowed to sell us returned products ? Isn't it against law since i pay full price for a new unopened item ?
 

·
I might have tacos tonite
Joined
·
22,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihaan View Post

Others missed this point i guess. Exactly...

BOX was perfectly fine it says formula but it has a HERO motherboard in it. Thats why it pissed me off. Not to mention extra waiting time now especially when it is an international order...

I am just curious how can this happen ? So does this mean that someone bought a formula from amazon and then that **** returned their ****ty hero motherboard to amazon and then amazon sold me a returned, used product ? Don't they even check what they receive ? and are they allowed to sell us returned products ? Isn't it against law since i pay full price for a new unopened item ?
The person might have returned it as unopened and did a good reseal job. IDK what the law is exactly on returns, but I bet they put unopened stuff back on the shelf as new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good job ? He didn't even have to do anything, no effort at all. Motherboard didn't have an anti-static bag or a seal. It just have a plastic box on top of it to protect it from damage and thats all. Basically he opened the box switched motherboard. He didn't care about putting it into an anti-static bag and shipped it back i guess. Amazon workers should be more careful and Asus should cover motherboard box with a plastic bag and put a seal on it like EVGA does on their cards.

I contacted them and gave them a lot of information but sadly it seems like i will have to wait until they receive it. I already wasted 10 days and now i will probably have to wait 10 days more.

I didn't know someone would be able to do such a thing and scam amazon, i am so surprised and angry at amazon because no matter how good their customer service is, this is just a very poor job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE: Amazon is going to cover everything and they apologized for this unfortunate experience aswell. They shipped a replacement today without waiting mine to return back to their return center and it is coming with express shipment option.

One more thing i want to mention. Due to my anger and disappointment i didn't realize it at that moment but the card inside the Z270 Maximus IX Formula was not even IX Hero but it was Hero VIII a lesser motherboard and even from previous generation... Seems like someone scammed amazon and received a free upgrade. Due to frustration and anger i didn't even pay attention this. Well i reported serial numbers and every single information from box and also from motherboard itself. Amazon employee on the phone told me that they are opening a case about this and since i provided every single information on the box and mobo they will easily track that person down and take action against him or his account. That will make me feel good at least
smile.gif
)

This was a great experience for me. I didn't experience such a thing before so i was so shocked but it was a good lesson. Now i will be more careful when i receive something. I won't sign the delivery before i check box and re-check every item in it.

Thanks everyone for commenting and helping me with this
thumb.gif
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top