Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
11,136 Posts
Come on.. Its true. just this week i was bothered by a Video card that was not seated suffiently but I have a clip. My clip was funtioning. I was still not right. So there is some truth in what your saying but in the end. Don't drop your computer on the floor or beat it with a stick. That is about the only thing that could happen without that infernal CLIP.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Do you still have the broken peice?
Super Glue that sucka
or use mighty putty lol.

I would think as long as you have it secure with a case screw you should be ok, just try it with the puter off. Seat the card, tighten it down and wiggle the card. If it seems secure then your golden. Does you case move around a lot? If not you should be fine.

·
Banned
11,136 Posts
Quote:
95.567% of people make up the stats in their sig. If you are part of the 4.433% who uses real stats, put this in your sig
I disagree with "your" ESTIMATE of how many people on this site are LYING.
First of all. What would be the purpose. They could not get sound advise on problems if they lied, And secondly they wouldn't definately show screen shots.
From my time on this site I have seen more truth telling here on this site than in most churches that I have visited. The moral fortitude of OC.net is solid and sound and is one of the reasons that I "a Christian" keep coming back on this site.

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, it's the little clip that holds the back of the card near the interface, I flexed it a tad too much on accident. I was thinking I'd just super glue it on, but just had that moment of horror strike me....we just did a big clean this weekend and I bet my wife just threw it away as trash.

Hahaha, go figure, cleaning is the enemy!

·
Banned
11,136 Posts
I assume he is talking about that infernal clip that is in the rear of the slot. That S shaped clip that hold the open side of the card. And I still say.. Big deal.. That clip is useful if you have your computer tied to the back of your car.

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by broken pixel View Post
Do you still have the broken peice?
Super Glue that sucka
or use mighty putty lol.

I would think as long as you have it secure with a case screw you should be ok, just try it with the puter off. Seat the card, tighten it down and wiggle the card. If it seems secure then your golden. Does you case move around a lot? If not you should be fine.
By the way, I'm telling my wife tonight that someone told me to use Mighty Putty! Making fun of infomercials and Billy Maize is just about our favorite hobby!

·
Banned
11,136 Posts
It demines the integrety of the members of this site and I concider myself part of. Do not bear false witness against your brother unless you have two other witnesses that can attest to the facts. Then you can make your statement of Lying. The integrety of this site is important. I know you wrote it there for fun, but its not true.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by marcusnerison View Post
are you talking about the socket interface thing that you plug the card into? how the h311 diid you break that off?
Not difficult, as I did that with the AGP retainer before (only way to remove the card, as it was so locked tight).

·
Banned
11,136 Posts
If it makes you feel better take a strong rubber band and clip it to the computer motherboard tray and then wrap the other end to the spot where the PCI-e Power connector is and you've got yourself and clip.

DO NOT superglue the part into the slot.

·
Premium Member
8,252 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pao View Post
Yeah, it's the little clip that holds the back of the card near the interface, I flexed it a tad too much on accident. I was thinking I'd just super glue it on, but just had that moment of horror strike me....we just did a big clean this weekend and I bet my wife just threw it away as trash.

Hahaha, go figure, cleaning is the enemy!
I'd bet it would be much much more dangerous to try to repair it then to leave it as is.

As long as it is a PCI-E 16x card I really doubt it could flex and toast anything; the pins really aren't going to hit any other pin, they will tend to stay in their respective spots.

Screw in the IO plate into the case (where the DVI ports are located, just screw it into the expansion slot) and you will be fine.

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma8750 View Post
DO NOT superglue the part into the slot.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Oh, and we were talking about super gluing the little clip back on, not the card into the slot.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigma8750 View Post
It demines the integrety of the members of this site and I concider myself part of. Do not bear false witness against your brother unless you have two other witnesses that can attest to the facts. Then you can make your statement of Lying. The integrety of this site is important. I know you wrote it there for fun, but its not true.
Oh..I thought it meant about the sigs with the annoying '98% of people yada yada, if you're part of the 2% that doesn't put this in your sig'.

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
If you are really afraid that it will get loose, you could also put a zip-tie on the card and hook it up somewhere in your case.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts