Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have an XFX geforce 6800,and I got it from a friend,Im not sure if its damage I examined it and didn't find any physical marks to show any type of damage.When i go to the xfx website and download the drivers for windows XP professional 32 bit Its says it cannot use the driver due to it is for an older operating system.When i use the most recent it will only let me set it 640 by 480 resolution with 4 bit color,Could the bios be bad? If so can i get a backup? Could there be specific drivers for or something? Help in any way would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump^

·
Registered
787 Posts
If your friend doesn't have the CD then you should smack him. Otherwise check guru3d.com they always have good drivers for video cards.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Download a driver that you want to use from the above suggested website. Once you have it downloaded do not install it, you need to use DriverCleaner to completely remove all drivers associated with you nVidia card. Follow the on screen prompts such as restarting your computer and such. Once you reboot and it uses your archaic on-board video unit, find and install the driver for the graphics card.<br><br>
What is probably happening is the drivers are not being completely removed and causing registry errors and such. Follow this procedure I have laid out for you and you should be on your way.

·
Premium Member
6,979 Posts
Your friend should have the drivers CD with him, or get the drivers from a trusted source, the best is to get them from Nvidia, the 91.47 which you can find here:<br><a href="http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_91.47.html" target="_blank">http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_91.47.html</a>

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well my friends is kinda in boot camp but i havent tried the dirver cleaner so i will try that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts