Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anybody else with a classfied let me know their settings? im using an i7 920 d0 and its perfectly solid stable at 4.15 but any higher the computer freezes durin testing.

ive had great results from only changing the vcore voltage!
the layout and names in the bios are really unspecific though so id really appreciate some tips please! right now im on 4.15ghz 19x219 i think on 1.26v.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Freezing can point towards RAM/controller instability, but it could be your base clock. Are you trying to push your base clock higher and higher with the 19 multi? 219 may be (and probably is) your board's limit. i7s like odd multis for some reason, so I would recommend 21, but you can try 20 first if you want.

• Rep+
Reactions: silvester

·
Registered
355 Posts
You are pretty lucky if you can hold off 4.15 with only core voltage increase...I don't think though that you'd need a Classified owner to answer you to this post...

Try increasing the PLL and the VTT voltage.
Also try to see if the ram is causing the instability as that sometimes is the issue.RAM can't get a pretty high OC.

Good Luck Overclocking further!!!

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by silvester
View Post

You have to increase the PLL and the VTT voltage.

Not necessarily. A higher PLL either help or hurt an OC. Some people have reported reaching higher OCs by actually lowering the PLL from stock, but not many boards support that. I know if I increased my PLL much, I became unstable. I'm running 4.2GHz at 1.8 PLL and 1.35 VTT (both stock), and believe, I tried numerous combinations.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by silvester
View Post

You are pretty lucky if you can hold off 4.15 with only core voltage increase...I don't think though that you'd need a Classified owner to answer you to this post...

Try increasing the PLL and the VTT voltage.
Also try to see if the ram is causing the instability as that sometimes is the issue.RAM can't get a pretty high OC.

Good Luck Overclocking further!!!

im stil not use to x58 boards i think its the motherboard but everything in voltages has a stupid name so im not sure what to change!
im using dominators 1866 but they only go up to about 1750 with this oc and im using the suggested 1.650v so i dont think its the memory.
when i get 4205mhz it has to be 222x19 do you think thats pushing it abit?

im guessing vtt and pll are the north bridge and south bridge... il try those

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,742 Posts
Use a 21x multi dan, you can use a lower base clock that way. You'll probly need to use a different DRAM ratio as well to have it running near its rated speed.

But its probably going to want a voltage jump around 4.2Ghz... Try wacking 1.3v on it.

VTT and PLL are not NB and SB.

IOH and ICH are.

VTT is like the old FSB voltage of 775.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Rocker
View Post

Use a 21x multi dan, you can use a lower base clock that way. You'll probly need to use a different DRAM ratio as well to have it running near its rated speed.

But its probably going to want a voltage jump around 4.2Ghz... Try wacking 1.3v on it.

VTT and PLL are not NB and SB.

IOH and ICH are.

VTT is like the old FSB voltage of 775.

i showed you before, it puts my ram to 1600mhz when i use 21 miltipilier. if i change my dram up to 1333 from 1066 it puts my ram way too high, like over 2ghz.
i dont think the 21x turbo mode is as stable as x19 but il see how it goes, cheers

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,742 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironcobra220
View Post

i showed you before, it puts my ram to 1600mhz when i use 21 miltipilier. if i change my dram up to 1333 from 1066 it puts my ram way too high, like over 2ghz.
i dont think the 21x turbo mode is as stable as x19 but il see how it goes, cheers

Your board probably can't handle a BCLK that high hence why you may need to make a sacrifice and run RAM @ 1600Mhz with the CPU @ 4.2Ghz if you need to use a 21x multi.

Its such a massive trial and error process and I hate the way the BIOS on your board names everything stupidly.

You know now why I used to spend days if not weeks overclocking and stabilising.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.