1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nikon-d3-mud.png

Found this on Nikon Rumors,
Quote:
This "muddy" Nikon D3 picture was published on flickr. I contacted the photographer and this is his story:
"That was from one of my avian photography sorties. I use a floating blind to take photos of water birds but the water level that day was very low so I had to crawl it out in the mud to get the photos that I want. I was constantly pouring water on the LCD to take away the mud so I can view my photos. The lens installed on the body is a Nikkor 500 f/4 VR. After the shoot I cleaned the camera and placed it in my dry cabinet. It still works flawlessly: all seals worked, not a single grime inside the camera. Here are the shots from that day"

Read more on NikonRumors.com: http://nikonrumors.com/#ixzz1J5SeLBOA
I don't think I would ever have the guts to do this...

·
d[ o_0 ]b
7,316 Posts
wow good to know that the camera seals are the real deal. i dont have the faith to do that with my camera

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudemanppl;13067756
Its beautiful. I am typing this while using my 300 and 5DII as a chair.
You are one small kid.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r31ncarnat3d;13068226
You are one small kid.
Lol, I weigh 140. Even with the hood its stable. Just don't lose balance. My D300s got some scuffs after it tipped over last year. :3

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by P.Johnston
View Post

I call foul--if his rig is this dirty, how did he capture the images? Wouldn't his lens be just as dirty (or even 1/10th as dirty)?

Lens hood.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Doubt it--unless it is a 3-foot long lens hood.......

Long lenses typically have even longer hoods. For a 500mm F/4 the hood retails for $400 alone, it's going to be very long.

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Doubt it--unless it is a 3-foot long lens hood.......

Like I said before, lens hood.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The resulting images are very nice. Don't think I'd have the nerves to throw that at my camera though
eek.gif

·
Dances with a Screwdriver
796 Posts
Doubt if I have the gut to drag my camera through the mud... except maybe that 3.1mpix P&S camera with broken LCD. It's got no lens hood so I doubt I could take anything after it's been mudded.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm a total woos. One spec of dust on any of my gear and I freak. At least it works though. I have season tickets for the Chicago Bears and I watch the media photogs flop their Canon ??/400_500_600's on the ground and shoot the close up stuff with their second bodies and I cringe. But you do what you have to do to get the shot right?? Specially if it's the c.o.'s gear.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts