Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick question, are you (ocn staff) still working on a better search than the google search. i find it hard to answer posts to threads i have not subscribed to. i know you (ocn staff) said you were working on a better search, and i was just wondering about the progress of it. thanks again.
if this is the wrong section to post in, please lock or delete.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
http://www.overclock.net/search.php

I heard awhile back that they had the google thing there since they were planning on upgrading the search listed above... Never really happened.

Maybe it's all about the moolah or something.

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xHassassin View Post
http://www.overclock.net/search.php

I heard awhile back that they had the google thing there since they were planning on upgrading the search listed above... Never really happened.

Maybe it's all about the moolah or something.

The issue is that the default forum search's index does not extend back beyond January or so of this year - it would take days of complete downtime to rebuild that index.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chipp View Post
The issue is that the default forum search's index does not extend back beyond January or so of this year - it would take days of complete downtime to rebuild that index.
ah i see, so are you guys planning a date or pretty much leave it as is?

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by venom55520
View Post

ah i see, so are you guys planning a date or pretty much leave it as is?

That is yet to be determined - it is likely such a move would be attached to a major forum upgrade, but I dont have any timeframe to give on when that would be.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chipp
View Post

That is yet to be determined - it is likely such a move would be attached to a major forum upgrade, but I dont have any timeframe to give on when that would be.

alright, thank you for a straight answer as always chipp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts