Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have having horrendous issues with my Logitech extreme 3d pro working with BF3 since launch. It constantly faught with my mouse controls and keyboard settings and come to find out, freaking DICE didn't get joystick support properly working before retail launch. Whata joke, and who knows when they will get it "working"
mad.gif

http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/1151628-bf3-joystick-support-totally-fudged.html

Anyway, with some input from others online and in game, I decided to test the following method and I can confirm
IT DOES FIX joystick issues, at least on the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Here's what to do:

1. Load CAMPAIGN mode and then OPTIONS / Key Bindings to adjust your controls. Do this so your not sitting around like a ******, taking up server space and getting booted in multiplayer, its being polite!

Be sure to remove the joystick binds from "Options > Key Binding > Common" as well!

2. Go through Infantry/Vehicle controls and clear out ALL JOYSTICK settings/buttons/axis. This will take some time, but its the only way to assure it will work properly. SET MOUSE/KEYBOARD settings as you see fit

joystick2copy.jpg

3. Go through Jets/Helicopters and clear out EVERY SINGLE BUTTON/AXIS for Mouse, Keyboard. Again, this is very tedious but its necessary for this to work.

joystick4copy.jpg

4. Once you have cleared out the settings as indicated above, exit game, install your joystick and calibrate with Windows or whatever software is necessary for your joystick

joystick1.jpg

5. Reload game, Go back to CAMPAIGN then OPTIONS / Key Bindings and set your axis/buttons for your jet and helicopter as you see fit. GO THROUGH EACH JOYSTICK BUTTON/AXIS and RE BIND or Clear it out as every joystick button layout is different. With my Logitech extreme 3D, every single button needed to be remapped for it to work, but YMMV! Be sure to save often in case you screw up!!

That should take care of it. Load up multiplayer and you should now have control in the skies! Happy flying!!
cool.gif

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a Logitech Extreme 3d pro and this guide didn't resolve my issues. i still cant pitch up or down so my joystick is useless.

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastuch;15456869
I have a Logitech Extreme 3d pro and this guide didn't resolve my issues. i still cant pitch up or down so my joystick is useless.
Clear every single setting and remap everything.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It worked for me! Took some time getting rid of the keybinds but well worth it. It also stopped that annoying bug where if my K/M and Joystick were plugged it I'd start firing non-stop. Humorous the first few times then its just annoying lol.

Thanks for this!

Btw I also use the Logitech Extreme 3DPRO. GL to everyone else.

This was one really fail oversight by DICE.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Ok well that's weird. Originally some of my JS functions were working while others weren't. Now after wiping mouse/kb functions for jets and leaving only JS functions, all JS functions are now disabled and only mouse/kb are working.

Will have to look into this deeper later ;(

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry its not working for some of you. You may have to wait until Dice gets up off their asses counting launch money and fixes it

·
Registered
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ceTr0n;15476934
Sorry its not working for some of you. You may have to wait until Dice gets up off their asses counting launch money and fixes it
No worries at all, I hope DICE fixes this crap it's really starting to get on my nerves... I guess joystickers are a minority =\ still good job on the tut though, I know it takes more effort than most are willing to put out =D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILNOK;15457448
I've been using xpadder and my wired PC 360 controller for flying with no issues at all.
Because this game was built with one joystick, errrr...joypad in mind.

The 360 controller.

@OP If I already have my Logitech 3D Pro installed that doesn't mean I have to do it again for this to work right?

Edit: To answer my own question, no you don't. Also tyvm for this. Works great!

·
Premium Member
4,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive;15475125
Tried it 3 times for the Cyborg X (FLY5) and it won't work.... This sucks =\

Thanks for the tut though, great job!

Anyone know how to get the Cyborg X to work? I might just return it to BB and get another but I really like it =\
My Cyborg X arrived today, I'm not even unboxing it untill others confirm that it can work with BF3.
mad.gif

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***estar;15456586
Hmm, will this work with Motion Joy and PS3 controller?
I'd like to know as well. I haven't been able to get it to work yet. I cleared all the joystick controls from the infantry section, but haven't tried doing what's mentioned of deleting all the binds.

The PS3 remote works great in Trackmania, and is recognized by Windows, just doesn't seem to work for BF3. I'll give this a shot tonight. Thanks for the info OP.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts