Overclock.net banner

I found the perfect mouse for me

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Elrick 
#1 ·
First of all.. i am a mouse freak and there was almost no mouse that worked almost perfekt for me. I had very big problems with Logitech mice. I realy liked them, but always played bad with them.

I was always looking for the best performence in a mouse and tryed so hard to use Logitech mice. But even after 1 month with the G900 and 6 month with the G303 i played very very bad with this mice. After some years of finding the perfect mice i giv you a rating in how well i played with this mice.

To me, i am a high Diamond League of Legends competitiv Moba player.

2. Mionix Castor
3. Razer Deathadder Chroma
4. Roccat Kone Pure (Black Edition 3310)
5. Logitech G9x
6. Logitech G303 (hand cramps)
7. Zowie EC2-A
8. Logitech G502
9. Logitech G900

The Rating with wich mouse i played the best from top to bottom. After looking the review from Rocketjumpninja, i thought i giv the FK2 a try, since it is his new fav. mouse. I tryed it and felt the buttons are too stiff, the curser doesnt feel snappy enough but the shape is the best ive ever had. I played some games with it and performed extremly well. It was like i would play on drugs. 0 Missclicks perfect control. Even with the high clicklatency i play so extremly good with it.

So what i wanna say after searching so many years for the perfect mouse.

Shape and weight are 80%.. the other 20% are the rest. I never ever thought that this mouse would be my no1.

1. Zowie FK2

See less See more
#12 ·
I use the Fk2 as well but I hate the huano switches a lot. While playing CS it is noticeable in certain situations, reaction shots while watching angles is slower than say the Sensei. The Fnatic version of the Sensei has probably the lowest amount of force needed for both buttons, but I use the FK2 because the shape fits my hand much better.

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by gujukal View Post

I also liked the FK2 (white logo version) but returned it because of the clicks. I'm tempted to buy the Benq version since it supposedly has lighter clicks than the old versions.
The click effort required with Omron switches will be VERY similar to a Huano-equipped Zowie due to the fact that the shell is what is responsible for the higher click effort characteristic of Zowie mice (especially the FK2).

#14 ·
Quote:

I also liked the FK2 (white logo version) but returned it because of the clicks. I'm tempted to buy the Benq version since it supposedly has lighter clicks than the old versions.
Im not saying it doesnt but its the exact same mouse just with a different logo and color scheme so Id be hard pressed to believe the clicks were any different.

If you're thinking they switched to Omrons that didnt work, omrons were double clicking because of the shell design, so they had to switch back to the huanos. Even with the omrons though the clicks were supposedly still stiff. It's the shell design of the zowies that gives stiff clicks not the switches.

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post

Im not saying it doesnt but its the exact same mouse just with a different logo and color scheme so Id be hard pressed to believe the clicks were any different.

If you're thinking they switched to Omrons that didnt work, omrons were double clicking because of the shell design, so they had to switch back to the huanos. Even with the omrons though the clicks were supposedly still stiff. It's the shell design of the zowies that gives stiff clicks not the switches.
Some guy who hade both the old FK and new Benq with Huano switches said their was a massive difference in the clicks. He may have been exaggerated a bit but they may have made the shell a bit thinner, their seems to be a slight difference at least.

#16 ·
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post

Some guy who hade both the old FK and new Benq with Huano switches said their was a massive difference in the clicks. He may have been exaggerated a bit but they may have made the shell a bit thinner, their seems to be a slight difference at least.
Well, buy one I guess and let us know how it goes. ?

I will add that while I enjoy the stiff clicks, I know that many do not, and if the Omron switches were that much lighter you would think that there would be many reports on OC (and elsewhere) indicating this.

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanir1337 View Post

Not that high anymore. Earlier models had way higher afaik.
Well compared to other mice its high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doors1991 View Post

kingfoxii,but you prefer the sensor on the castor,right ?
I never tried the zowie fk2,but the sensor on the castor is top notch.
Yes the Castor feels more reactiv than the Zowie FK2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frunction View Post

So you're playing MOBA with huano switches and it's ok?

The store I'm taking G900 back to has ZA11 in stock, I may give it a try. I just didn't really like the switch action on the EC1 Evo I had before.
First of all, i hate stiff clicks. I cant play Moba with stiff clicks. If you see my list above there are almost only easy clicks expect the EC2-A and the G900.

After searching for the best mouse i just stoped looking for different things and tests. I picked up the Mouse, started a game and watched my performence. And yes.. the FK2 has Huanos, they are stiff (i dont like it stiff), the Sensor isnt super reactiv (i love the Deathadder and G303.. they are so responsiv).

But when i look on wich mouse i play the best it is this stupid FK2 mouse. Today i played the whole day with an outstanding performence. I cant believe how much a mouse like the G900 did hold me back after trying so hard to get used to this very bad shape-design. I played so bad with it and always thought (its okay you need to get used to it). With the FK2, i picked it up. Played 2 games and felt home. Its light, its small, i can grip it perfect and i never miss my target. What do you want more from a mouse.
biggrin.gif

Guys just look for the shape and the weight. Test it and if you are good play with it. If not take the next one. Trying to get used to smth will not work for competitiv gaming. Maybe thats why in CS:GO not many people use Logitech. (I dont know much about CS:GO, but i know this)
thumb.gif

#21 ·
i play at 800 DPI, 6/11.

@frunction: great that you like it. I was instantly happy with the shape. Ofc it would be cool to have a 3360 Sensor and G303 clicks. But i play a lot better with the FK2 than wiht any other mouse, so there is no reason for me to use the better sensor or tech, when the most importent thing is the game performence.

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by detto87 View Post

You didn't try the g100s did you? It's even lighter and the buttons and sensor are more responsive.
Did you know that buying TEN G100S's will get you a varying responses with each mouse. Found out that some switches were weak or had differing clicks when used. Maybe the sellers are trying to offload inferior copies or badly made models but do know that you will get either a decent G100S or a degraded one.

The weak and faulty ones shall be opened and replaced with Zippy's, my NEW and favourite micro switch for this month.

The little ones love the G100S's for some reason, hence I do my best to supply what they require.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.