Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of roading is my game, not speed. Big, heavy lumbering, high HP and torque, low gearing, camping and outdoor survival.

That is why I drive a Toyota Land Cruiser. 50+ years of history to back it up.

But I dream of BMW 740, or even a 528. I love sport sedans. Speaking of sport sedans, anyone knows of a web site were I can get performance parts for Honda Accord?

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by slow'puter

Of roading is my game, not speed. Big, heavy lumbering, high HP and torque, low gearing, camping and outdoor survival.

But I dream of BMW 740, or even a 528. I love sport sedans. Speaking of sport sedans, anyone knows of a web site were I can get performance parts for Honda Accord?

Here's a long list for you.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...mance+parts%22

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Honda Accord??? Start with a H22 swap, and the top it off with a nice Full-Race turbo kit, and AEM EMS. The only other part you're gonna need is slicks, and a helmet

JHPUSA.com
hmotorsonline.com
revhard.com
sfp.net
spoolinperformance.net
ipsmotorsports.com
precisionturbo.net
full-race.com

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

All the love in the world to you Honda guys, but I have a real hard time classifying a Honda Accord as a Sport Sedan

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

even on a computer site I read about uncle ben.
give me a nice chunk of american steel, w/ a sbc or bbc in it. I'll use the same ammount of $$ as someone would on a jap car and make that jap car cry as is see's nothing but burnt rubber and tail lights.

BTW I dont have a prob with people who seriously want to mod there cars, no matter what type it is as long as your not slaping a huge spoiler on a fwd car putting on a ton of stickers and a fart can claiming an extra 100hp

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

All the love in the world to you Honda guys, but I have a real hard time classifying a Honda Accord as a Sport Sedan

hehehehe... quite right.

But sometimes I feel the need for speed, and that is what I drive to work.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDriver

even on a computer site I read about uncle ben.
give me a nice chunk of american steel, w/ a sbc or bbc in it. I'll use the same ammount of $$ as someone would on a jap car and make that jap car cry as is see's nothing but burnt rubber and tail lights.

BTW I dont have a prob with people who seriously want to mod there cars, no matter what type it is as long as your not slaping a huge spoiler on a fwd car putting on a ton of stickers and a fart can claiming an extra 100hp

You should see the sbc Land Cruisers... all brawn, verical wall climing machines.

I love our American cars. I have owned 1971 Malibu (with the 307), a 1976 Malibu (with the 350 V8), 2 Dodge Darts, and a 1981 Grand Prix. I wish I have that '71 again....

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
yea, the old mali's were nice.

my fave car is the 70' Chevelle SS 454, it came out of the factory w/454 hp and there wasnt a stock car on the street that could touch it at the time. o'yea I will own one one day.
Im also a big camaro fan have a 3rd gen now w/a 305 true 5.0 unlike ford using a 302/4.8 in the 80's and claming 5.0(but it was faster I'll admit), and will oneday one a 1st gen.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDriver

yea, the old mali's were nice.

my fave car is the 70' Chevelle SS 454, it came out of the factory w/454 hp and there wasnt a stock car on the street that could touch it at the time. o'yea I will own one one day.
Im also a big camaro fan have a 3rd gen now w/a 305 true 5.0 unlike ford using a 302/4.8 in the 80's and claming 5.0(but it was faster I'll admit), and will oneday one a 1st gen.

My mom used to own 2. One she used as daily driver ('77). The other was a monster ('76)! She was stopped by the police, and because she touched the brake, they clocked her at 77 mph, when she was actually doing around 120 mph.

I must add that the last car she owned before she passed away was a corvette. My sister has it now.

She got the car, I got the house... I do not know if that is fair. ;-)

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

Honda Accord??? Start with a H22 swap, and the top it off with a nice Full-Race turbo kit, and AEM EMS. The only other part you're gonna need is slicks, and a helmet

JHPUSA.com
hmotorsonline.com
revhard.com
sfp.net
spoolinperformance.net
ipsmotorsports.com
precisionturbo.net
full-race.com

oh and to add to the h22 swap

you should be able to swap the head only to make a hybrid ive read about it but never done it

i did however swap the head from a vtec civic type to put on top of my b18a
but it doesnt matter cause the car was stolen

So f22a1 add the h22 or h23 head

oh and if you have a newer car i dont have any advice

anyways heres a site to find some info on it just do a search for f22 hybrid
or f22 and h22 http://honda-tech.com/

i think this will be easier than swapping the whole engine

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Swapping heads is a common upgrade fo the Land Cruiser (from the carburated 2F engine head, to the EFI 3F-E). I would tackle that easily.

An engine swap is more involved. Transmission compatinility, space, engine mounts, electronics...

All I want is to add a little some-some to the Accord. And I do not mean lights and low profile tires and crap like that. I

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Swapping heads is a common upgrade fo the Land Cruiser (from the carburated 2F engine head, to the EFI 3F-E). I would tackle that easily.

An engine swap is more involved. Transmission compatinility, space, engine mounts, electronics...

All I want is to add a little some-some to the Accord. And I do not mean lights and low profile tires and crap like that. I

Just boost the F series and you'll be golden. should be very safe @ about 7lbs with good tuning and it will have quite a bit of punch.

Dont waste money on intake, header, or none of that crap.... It'll just be noisier and wont be any faster.

BTW, an H22 swap wont be that hard to do on an accord... Hell they even have bolt on mount kits to do them on the civics now. And it will provide a plataform with alot of potential.

We did an H22 on a friends 97 accord about 1 1/2 years ago and he is now getting the stuff together to boost
, should put down some nice numbers with that big block H motor

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
any swap you do make sure that you dont go backwards

in some states if you put an engine from a 89 in a 90 or later they wont pass inspection

also some years had both obd1 and obd2 if you have a year like this make sure you get obd1 since its alot easeier to deal with then obd2

as for boost yeah you should be able to boost any of them pretty descent hondas are built to make it to 200,000miles and thats because they dont put parts in the engine that just handle the power... they put parts in them that exeeds the power rating

just look at mustangs yuo try to give them any boost and generally they blow up
its because they are at there limits on internal parts

you then have to replace the crank and pistons and rods just to bost it

thats why they generally only make it to 130,000 miles before major problems start

honda cranks are insanely stout you shouldnt ever have to replace it
hondas engine blocks use open block decks meaning the cylinders arent conected to the block where the head meets the block so they tend to flex under high rpm or high boost.. they make reinforcers for these so get one if your gonna change the head anyways since there pretty cheap..

your going to need it if you booste it

also if you boost it above 5 or 6 psi get stronger rods and pistons as well

thats my two cents on overclocking your Honda

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If we mod the computer, we might as well mod our cars... if we own any.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts