Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hold on to your butts!
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got an Open Box Sabertooth P67 motherboard from newegg for cheap. It came in with ALL the accessories and everything. I took out my old p8p67 pro and installed the sabertooth only to find out that once I power on the system, the CPU LED remains red indicating a CPU problem.

Well I know it's not the CPU, so I can rma the board with Asus and get a brand spankin new one correct?

·
Hold on to your butts!
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Go onto Newegg's site and read the RMA/return policies for Open Box products. You'll find out more there then you will here.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
May not get a brand spankin new one.. but you should be able to RMA without any issues.

• Rep+
Reactions: cl04k3d

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Not sure if you get a factory warranty on open-box. Newegg would likely do an RMA for you and if thats the only open box they had, or if they sold the few they had, they will either refurb or send a new. Most likely a new knowing newegg. I'd contact them first, they are great. If you get an unhelpful CSR, call back, I've had very few issues with newegg cust. support, and a second call to a different rep usually fixed my issue
smile.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: cl04k3d

·
Hold on to your butts!
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkDrgn28;13129612
May not get a brand spankin new one.. but you should be able to RMA without any issues.
Thanks, all I needed to know!

·
Hold on to your butts!
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuell;13129623
Not sure if you get a factory warranty on open-box. Newegg would likely do an RMA for you and if thats the only open box they had, or if they sold the few they had, they will either refurb or send a new. Most likely a new knowing newegg. I'd contact them first, they are great. If you get an unhelpful CSR, call back, I've had very few issues with newegg cust. support, and a second call to a different rep usually fixed my issue
smile.gif
Cool, I'll contact newegg then and yeah, it was the only p67 sabertooth in stock on open box items.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts